*If* Figures for "The Muppets" were made, what would you want?

j3h

Reaction score
A few questions to ponder if new action figures are to be made for the new movie...:confused:

1. What existing toy company do you want to make them and why?
  2. What scale and style do you want them (ie:lots of articulation? Action features? As close to what Palisades had did?)
  3. How many characters per wave would you be comfortable buying (and at what max price point)?
I'll make a second post with my own answers

j3h

Reaction score
  1. what company?...not an easy one to answer in today's toy market. Hasbro & Mattel would get the largest distribution, but they would not be the best possible sculpts and probably would not be geared towards the collectors. Out of the smaller companies, I think I would prefer Mezco.
  2. I think the 5 to 6 inch range is best. not too articulated (Palisades really nailed this in terms of articulation vs sculpting astetic). The problem any company faces is that they will be compaired to Palisades and the fan base would want them to essentially start with "wave 11". It's hard to keep in mind that it would probably be a long way into the line (other than Walter) that we would see characters not already done by palisades....yeah, we would get movie specific outfits that palisades couldn't have done prior, but is that enough?
  3. I'd say 6 characters, with a max pricepoint of $12.99. Instead of the tons of accessories, include a "build a larger Muppet" part with each figure. for example wave 1 could include parts to build Thog

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
As long as they are articulated ... I can't stand the thought of new figures that are just like mini statues. I think if they use the same strategy they used with Toystory and have many types of figures, styles and types we'll all be happy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think that there should be a new line of good quality figures, even if it's less than Palisades perfection. I'd say they should be 3 inches, with articulation in the necks, shoulders, and hips. Maybe make them character two-packs, with one major character and one minor character.

A good line-up for series one:
  • Kermit and Robin
  • Miss Piggy and Janice
  • Fozzie Bear and Bobo
  • Walter and Uncle Deadley
  • Animal and Lips
  • Seymour and Pepe

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
if figures are made for the new movie...

1. What existing toy company do you want to make them and why? That's hard to answer. If articulated Palisades style figures, then NECA. If smaller, less articulated then Mezco. Mattel and Hasbro are popular brands, but both get by on the brand recognition, not the quality. Sorry, Star Wars fans, but those standard figures super suck compared to what else is out there.

2. What scale and style do you want them (ie:lots of articulation? Action features? As close to what Palisades had did?) Okay, I might not like Hasbro figures, but I do like the size. I prefer the smaller-scale figures because it's easier to cater to that size and build small playsets.

3. How many characters per wave would you be comfortable buying (and at what max price point)? Four-to-six-per series is a good number. I'd buy all that they made as long as they're well made. I'm thinking the Disney Store will make a small PVC figure pack of six or seven figures like they do for their Pixar films.

I really would love to see Disney try to launch their own ongoing Muppet figure series. I wouldn't go the Palisades route. It's been done and it takes a lot of space! That limits collections. Go smaller. :smile:

MuppetAnimal

Reaction score
I would like Rowlf the dog to be released in again and this time a naked hairy Rowlf with piano as seen in the Muppet Show. Perhaps a deluxe version will have a piano that plays music when Rowlf's hand pushes a piano key button on the piano.
The current price for Rowlf is a least $99 on ebay so I would suggest something below $30 for the new figure.:sympathy:

I would also suggest mini versions of the Muppets (maybe Micro Machines) in Muppet backstage scenario to make them more affordable.:halo:

I suggest Wave 1 to be:

Kermit with brown cloak and hat with Robin as addition
Miss Piggy as pig in space
Fozzie Bear police patrol
Gonzo the Great
Animal the drummer with Electric Mayhem set as different package
Rowlf with musical piano
Statler and Waldorf

Wave 2 may include:

Bunsen and Beaker with lab accessories
Swedish Chef
Walter
Sweetums
Rizzo and Pepe Thanksgiving edition
Scooter on rolling skateboard
some other backstage less known Muppet characters

I would also like Kermit, Animal, Fozzie, Rowlf to be interactive plush like Elmo Live.

I think Disney will be spearheading the launch. Please release these figures in October or at lease release some samples worldwide this summer to promote the movie. I would vote for Rowlf the Dog first.:wink:

MuppetAnimal

Reaction score
Will Disney release Muppet action figures for the new movie 2011? If so, when will it come out worldwide? I visited Disney stores in Singapore but disappointed to see no Muppet, only merchandises of Mickey, Pixar, Pooh and Princesses.:mad:

fuzzydice82

Reaction score
As much as I love the Palisades line, one things to remember is that if they make movie figures, they will probably be the 2011 movie versions of these characters, not The Muppet Show versions.

That being said, I agree with:

1) Neca or Mezco producing the figures

2) Same scale as Palisades

3) With what I said before, the characters will probably be the 5 or 6 main characters, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal with a second wave of Rowlf, Rizzo, Bunsen, and Beaker, and maybe Scooter or Statler and Waldorf.

I love the ideas of a build-a-figure Thog.

I also would love a playset, even if it's a playset from the movie.

Another pack-in idea or box-set idea would be Whatnots that have pegs for eyes, nose, hair, etc. similar to a Mr. Potato Head. Additionally, they could do a box of 3 or 4 generic Pigs that can had different clothes and accessories add-ons. A box of Penguins, a box of rats, or a box of chickens would be good too :smile:

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i would love to see figures of course we need a SAL johnny is so lonely unless you have rowlf and his piano near him but if figures are getting released i guess mattel or hasbro will battle to get them nut if mattel do it they better get some of the people from palisades to come back and help out

but i do hope they do add build a monster monsters like thog doglion would be great additions near sweetums although i would need another shelve :smile:

oh and need nedd a nude robin and lewis kazzager i would realy like that