First look (video) of the new movie!

dmoss

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome they are bringing Thog and Behemoth back, but I thought the song sounded like a glorified Muppet Babies number
I agree, Frogster; I'm not loving what I hear of the song, and you hit the nail on the head...it definitely sounded Muppet Baby-esque. BUT! It's only one song.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If we know Behemoth, Thog, and Sweetums are in it...than surely Doglion, Luncheon Counter, Timmy, Beautiful Day, etc cant be far away(or even Bossmen and Splurge?) The Bossmen made a 2001/2002 comeback, hope they appear here. And given Big Mean Carl has been turned into one of the bigger main characters in recent time, I can't wait to see what they do with them.
You know, I was wondering if any of the other full-body characters will make an appearance. The scene in that image/video looks like the kind of scene I'd expect to see more full-body monsters and Fletcherbird in.

I wonder if Matt Vogel will be performing Thog, even if Thog gets no dialogue (of course Martin Robinson would also make a good Thog, since Thog and Snuffy have similar voices, but Robinson doens't perform in Muppet productions outside of Sesame Street very often). And I wonder who will be performing Sweetums in this (assuming he speaks). John Henson performed him for most of the time since Richard Hunt's death, but hasn't since 2005, Brian Henson hasn't performed in any Muppet productions since then, and The Jim Henson Company hasn't been involved with the Muppets since 2007 or 2008 (though the Henson studio is being used in this movie).

In Letters to Santa Sweetums was performed by Noel MacNeil and in the "Give a Day, Get a Day" promotions he was performed by Matt Vogel. I feel it would be fitting for David Rudman to perform Sweetums, since he's taken over so many of Richard Hunt's characters (then again, I would have expected Rudman to have performed Sweetums in those productions, made after he took over as Scooter and Janice).

I picked up on that too. Thog's always been one of the largest but look at how much he seems to tower over Sweetums. May be a trick of the angle or something or perhaps something might throw it off underneath like he's standing on a higher plane or something but yeah - he does seem larger than ever. But i won't complain about that. Who says Muppets can't have growth spurts? Growing Thogs = yes. Shrinking Zoes = no.
I wonder if The Jim Henson Company gave Disney measurements for all characters Disney gained. If not then I guess they'd need to do some guesswork on any full-body character who hasn't been used in year.

And if only Disney would give Sesame Workshop the $20,000 needed to rebuild Bruno...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
dmoss said:
I agree, Frogster; I'm not loving what I hear of the song, and you hit the nail on the head...it definitely sounded Muppet Baby-esque. BUT! It's only one song.
Still, if they are claiming to encompass/reference a lot of their history, MB is a part of that. Personally, I like a lot of MB songs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno about you, but less than 10 seconds of a fuzzy sounding song gives me snap judgments. I was truly expecting songs from a Muppet Movie to sound EXACTLY like a depressing Sondheim score. :rolleyes:

And Muppet Babies songs do not sound like that. Trust me.

terrimonster

Reaction score
Holy tamole Thog is massive. He looks like he's about 16 feet. Was he this big in the Valentine's special and TMS?
I looked back at the opening of TMS for reference, and Sweetums was about as tall as Thog's nose. Now he seems to be about as tall as Thog's chin, though it's tough to tell what with odd angles, zooming and whatnot (though some whatnots might help in comparison). So it would seem he is taller, but not as much taller as I first assumed. I think the pictures just lack adequate perspective.