The new Muppet movie: Next Year's Yogi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogster

Reaction score
I never said Oz and Juhl got lucky... I was talking about the replacements they have nowadays.

I saw the Leno and Fallon interviews with Segel. He's obviously a funny and well-rounded celebrity with an old-fashioned appreciation for the Muppets, and I'd prolly lose it if I met Dave Goelz and Gonzo in person. This actually does seem like a solid effort, so here's hoping it does alright come next year.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I never said Oz and Juhl got lucky... I was talking about the replacements they have nowadays.

I saw the Leno and Fallon interviews with Segel. He's obviously a funny and well-rounded celebrity with an old-fashioned appreciation for the Muppets, and I'd prolly lose it if I met Dave Goelz and Gonzo in person. This actually does seem like a solid effort, so here's hoping it does alright come next year.
That's what I've been hoping too and all signs have been pointing to great things. There haven't been any reported development issues with this film like others past and they've been very careful and solid with every effort so far. This is not the rush job, half-baked effort or attempt to make the Muppets into something different as done in the past. The back to basics approach is refreshing! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I know there are going to be a landblasting series of threads calling moderators insensitive and censoring; but, this thread is officially dead.

I have seen things in here that ANY Jim Henson fan should NOT be posting about the creations, with or without Jim. Where is the lessons he taught you, folks? It's not in your posts above (obviously, this is only directed toward a few posters).

My point is this: Jim created a legacy, and I am sure folks are doing the best they can to provide us with as much entertainment as possible. The slashing remarks about today's Muppeteers is NOT acceptable. Yes, you can post CONSTRUCTIVE criticism; but, when you begin demeaning the performers--no sir.

I am defending the performers, I am defending the titles, I am defending (strange to see me type it) Disney, ha ha. This thread is closed.

If you don't like that I'm closing it, think about WHY I'm closing it before posting a million threads about moderators abusing power (and then go see how well that argument stands up at several other fan sites) and feel free to write Phillip.

I'm not standing by and letting folks talk about The Muppets like this any longer. This is Muppet Central. Love it or leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.