Sesame Albums from the 70's, 80's and 90's now available to download

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of you may have seen this, but Sesame Workshop has released over 90 (!) classic albums for download from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s most in their original form with original cover art.

Browse the entire list and let us know what you think. Many classics are here that may never see an official CD release like Sesame Street 2 Original Cast (1971), Sesame Street Live (1973), Sesame Street Fever (1978), Sesame Disco (1979) and so many more. Even for the holidays there’s Merry Christmas from Sesame Street (1975) and Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along (1984). Each album has free previews to listen to each of the tracks.

If you’ve downloaded any of these albums, post here and let us know which ones you chose out of the broad selection. Even more titles are coming in January 2011 like Havin’ Fun with Ernie and Bert (1971) and The Gang’s All Here (1983). Hopefully, Sesame Workshop will make their entire music catalogue available for download in the near future.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just wish they'd make a new CD or digital album. Either comprised of old songs or stuff not on CD yet.

LoveBeam

Reaction score
I chose the albums Merry Christmas from Sesame Street. And Sesame Street Christmas Sing Along.

Probably the only thing I don't like about these is they have to leave off the last song/story/etc from the end of the album for some of them. For having the Merry Christmas one, leaving off a 30 second reprise and Big Bird saying "Merry Christmas Mr. Looper." was a small price to pay for having the album in almost it's entirety again.

However, The Sesame Street Fairy Tale Album I may never buy. They leave off twelve minutes of the Jack and the Beanstalk story told by everyone. That price is too big to pay to buy it and have that large amount of time left off.

The Sesame Street Bert and Ernie Sing Along is in it's entirety, oddly. But then again, I can have that in Old School CD box set 1.

I just wish they would be able to put the entire album up for certain ones, is all. I feel kind of cheated in a way because the whole album isn't available. :frown:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I downloaded Bert and Ernie Sing Along, Happy Birthday, Ernie's Hits and also Elmo's version of ABCD-EFG-JHIK from Sing The Alphabet. I was happy with most of them, however, with the Australian Itunes store at least, they need to be less sloppy with the track listing. You see, with Ernie's Hits, track 13 is listed as The Wrong Patient, in fact it's Rubber Duckie in Spanish! What was up with that?
At least with the others the track listing was correct.

sesameguy

Reaction score
However, The Sesame Street Fairy Tale Album I may never buy. They leave off twelve minutes of the Jack and the Beanstalk story told by everyone. That price is too big to pay to buy it and have that large amount of time left off.
On the Amazon page for the Fairy Tale Album, it describes the "Jack and the Beanstalk" story as being available on "album only" meaning (I assume) that you have to buy the whole album in order to get the track. Could someone who bought the Fairy Tale Album confirm that the "Jack and the Beanstalk" track is included? That album is a fave of mine & I'd definitely consider buying it if the whole album is included.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You see, with Ernie's Hits, track 13 is listed as The Wrong Patient, in fact it's Rubber Duckie in Spanish! What was up with that?
I noticed this myself on the Ernie's Hits Amazon listing. But here’s kind of what happened. Originally when Ernie's Hits first came out in 1974, "The Wrong Patient" was included on the record. When the album was reissued, "El Patito (Rubber Duckie)" from the Sesame Mucho/Welcome record replaced "The Wrong Patient".

I'd prefer "The Wrong Patient" be included as listed, but it sounds like what you hear in the song previews is what you get regardless of what title is listed on the page.

I noticed a few other albums had some song titles out of order according to the mp3 previews. Hopefully, Sesame Workshop will get all this corrected soon. Regardless, this is a huge step forward and it would be amazing to see the entire Sesame Street record collection available on-line.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the Amazon page for the Fairy Tale Album, it describes the "Jack and the Beanstalk" story as being available on "album only" meaning (I assume) that you have to buy the whole album in order to get the track. Could someone who bought the Fairy Tale Album confirm that the "Jack and the Beanstalk" track is included? That album is a fave of mine & I'd definitely consider buying it if the whole album is included.
I think you are correct on the Sesame Street Fairy Tale Album. If you look at the total runtime of the album, the time includes "Jack and the Beanstalk" so that's a good sign. When the last 30 second track was omitted from the Merry Christmas from Sesame Street mp3 album, the title wasn’t included in the track list. I wonder what the logic is in not making "Jack and the Beanstalk" available as a separate download (other than it being 12 minutes long) and if any other Sesame releases are listed this way.

LoveBeam

Reaction score
I hope that is the case, that it would be included in buying the whole album. If so, I would buy that album in a heartbeat. :smile:

I did double check the Merry Christmas one. The reprise wasn't listed. I thought it was there before, listed as album only. But maybe not? :confused:

rbendtzen

Reaction score
Hi.

I was very unhappy to see that Sesame Street II had only songs 2 through the end of side 2 and left off all of the first half of the album. Hopefully, they'll fix that soon.

rbendtzen

Reaction score
Hi.

It seems I made a mistake about the Sesame Street 2 album. They apparently released it in 2 volumes. Volume 1 contains the songs from side 1 and the first song from side 2. The second volume contains the rest of the songs from side 2. It's interesting why they didn't release it as one album.