Disney's New Muppets Logo

terrimonster

Reaction score
Now, if I had a say, I'd love to see something like Disney presents the Muppets (created by Jim Henson) and at least bridge that together... not saying "Jim Henson's Muppets" or any relation to the Jim Henson company... just a little side thing that says "Created by" similar to "Nickelodeon's Spongebob Squarepants (created by Steven Hillenberg)" That does NOT imply ownership, but rather gives credit to bother the true owners and the one that came up with it.
It would be nice to give Jim Henson some credit, but there are legal issues with "created by." In television, a "created by" credit goes to the writer(s) credited on the pilot episode. Things would get a little murky since some characters were pre-Muppet Show and some were post-Muppet Show, but since they're largely from that series, Jack Burns would probably be included in a "created by" credit. I would guess the lack of credit comes down to a host of legal issues, not the least of which is the fact that there's a company that bears his name. Still, you're right; it would be nice to find a way to give some recognition to Jim Henson.

Beauregard

Reaction score
My friend from Denmark (some of you remember minidoozer) adds that it just looks like its missing a head.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I like the logo, though I'd prefer the "Disney" part left off. This logo sort of reminds me of the 1980s "Henson Associate/Jim Henson Production" logo sequences with animated Kermit hand. Hmm, it'd be great if Disney could create a "Muppets Studio" logo sequence remincient of those (though not until there's a steady stream of new Muppet content).

beaker

Reaction score
I like the logo, though I'd prefer the "Disney" part left off. This logo sort of reminds me of the 1980s "Henson Associate/Jim Henson Production" logo sequences with animated Kermit hand. Hmm, it'd be great if Disney could create a "Muppets Studio" logo sequence remincient of those (though not until there's a steady stream of new Muppet content).
I totally remember all the "HA!" credits. Im so glad JHC resurrected the same logo for their "Henson Alternative" brand(not to be confused with Comedy Central originally being called HA!)
And on a somewhat related note, many may not know that HIT Entertainment(behind Bob the Builder, Barney, Thomas and Friends, etc) stands for "Henson International Television" and until 1990 was part of the JHC franchise.

seradarkness

Reaction score
I'm not really a fan of this either. I think one of the other main problems is that whilst the rest of it is in a really bold black font the M actually stands out less. I keep reading it as 'The Uppets'.

I also agree that it reminds me of the Monsters Inc logo. Hopefully it won't be a permanent thing although even if it is I won't mind too much as long as the content is still good :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Check this out at the top of the page. It looks like Disney has rolled out a new logo for the Muppets featuring Kermit's collar. It will be interesting to see if this shows up in other places as well.

What do you think? Let us know if you like the logo or if you prefer some of the other logos Disney has used.
Oooooo....hmm....well, it's cute...but as other people have said it looks like...well...a plant. I think if the rest of the "M" hadn't been green, the collar would look a lot better.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wonder if it'd look better if the collar was inside the M instead of on top.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
the Muppet Logo is too Bland and they need to make it brighter Muppet Logo!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Disney's branding the "Muppets" name with the image of Kermit in order to distinguish it from Sesame Street. They're also sneaking their name into the mix so that people know that they own Kermit and the Muppets:

I hope they'll go back to something like the classic logo once they are satisfied that the public gets it (without Jim's name for legal reasons, of course):

I hated that ugly, childish purple logo with the googly P's:​
But I always liked the last logo under Henson ownership because it was old-meets-new:
Yet logos like this are crisp and attractive enough, but make it seem like they're not even trying: