Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

rowlfy662

Reaction score
actually hers a idea a another muppet app maybe one thats like muppet racemania like app

beaker

Reaction score
I've always been annoyed at how much bigger the girls section was than the boys. I totally dislike the whole gender role placing when it comes to that stuff. Girls buy action figures too.

I find it truly ridiculous though, they forcibly change the name of the movie so boys can go see it, and the only merchandise that accrues is a collection of dolls. Sigh... I wish the Disney Heroes line caught on better...
Every female friend I know or girl Ive dated, when we've gone to Toys R Us, they always run with glee to the "boys toys" section.
Maybe it's because I only have nerd female friends, but I cant see how 20 something girls into toys would want anything to do with the "pink section"(other than the occasional Sanrio thing, which I also like)

I do understand why Disney changed the name to Tangled. I think that sounds cooler(kind of am curious what it would have been like in 2d) However they are kidding themselves if they think they could ever attract boys en masse to a movie like that.
I DO think what they may have been going for is the "family" crowd that went to see the Shrek series. I havent seen any of the Shrek movies nor Tangled(plan to tho), but maybe they wanted that audience instead of just young girls begging their parents to take em? I WISH I had seen Princess and the Frog in theatres, as the film is just lush and magical, and a long time coming.

beaker

Reaction score
actually hers a idea a another muppet app maybe one thats like muppet racemania like app
I like that idea! So far the few Muppet game apps(from a few years ago) were rather crummy. But I could see a quality new kart racer title(like Crash Bandicoot's new Nitro Kart smart phone game releases) I definitely could see an iphone or Android OS series of Muppet game/app releases.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Every female friend I know or girl Ive dated, when we've gone to Toys R Us, they always run with glee to the "boys toys" section.
Maybe it's because I only have nerd female friends, but I cant see how 20 something girls into toys would want anything to do with the "pink section"(other than the occasional Sanrio thing, which I also like)
Yeah, but for 5 and 6 year old girls, that stuff's the bee's knees. And that's the demo they're going for. I know a LOT of female TMNT enthusiasts. So older nerdy girls have very similar tastes to 10 year old boys.

I do understand why Disney changed the name to Tangled. I think that sounds cooler(kind of am curious what it would have been like in 2d) However they are kidding themselves if they think they could ever attract boys en masse to a movie like that.
You're right about the family aspect, but they were still trying to pull boys away from choosing something else for them to see. I think it backfired and made the film appear more Shrek like than they wanted it to be. That kept me away (I'll see it soon enough, though). it's a very annoying balancing act. The tales I could tell you about getting Princess and the Frog PC enough (NO no no! Her name's too black! No! Now here name's too white). Even the best studios have annoying meddling like this. At least they didn't fall into the "No movies that end in 'Y' that aren't the word day can be rated 'R,' No more movies starring female action leads that begin with a vowel or a consinant at the end of the alphabet rathed PG-13" nonsense.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, but for 5 and 6 year old girls, that stuff's the bee's knees. And that's the demo they're going for. I know a LOT of female TMNT enthusiasts. So older nerdy girls have very similar tastes to 10 year old boys.

You're right about the family aspect, but they were still trying to pull boys away from choosing something else for them to see. I think it backfired and made the film appear more Shrek like than they wanted it to be. That kept me away (I'll see it soon enough, though). it's a very annoying balancing act. The tales I could tell you about getting Princess and the Frog PC enough (NO no no! Her name's too black! No! Now here name's too white). Even the best studios have annoying meddling like this. At least they didn't fall into the "No movies that end in 'Y' that aren't the word day can be rated 'R,' No more movies starring female action leads that begin with a vowel or a consinant at the end of the alphabet rathed PG-13" nonsense.
The girls toys are great for young girls. But once girls get of a certain age, a lot of them want whats in the "boys toys" aisle. Heck I always see young girls wanting toys from the boy aisle...and who can blame them. All the Pokemon, Mario, Sonic, etc stuff is there. Most the girls I know or hang with have a love for video game and anime toys, TMNT, etc.

As soon as the critics were unanimous in praising Tangled, it piqued my interest. Sometimes I dont agree with them. I absolutely hated Toy Story 3, but loved Tron Legacy(critics universally praised Toy Story 3 but hated Tron Legacy)

The idiots raising a stink about Princess and the Frog regarding race to me are just as bad as vile spewing racists.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The idiots raising a stink about Princess and the Frog regarding race to me are just as bad as vile spewing racists.
It spoke mounds about how anal retentively PC these groups want us to be. There's a difference between actual stereotyping and name calling to hurt someone and not pleasing a small fraction of a group. When I think of all the fussing and constant revisions they had to go through (that could have spared them some time and released it at a more reasonable month), all I can say is... you complained how lily white the other Princesses were (since most of the stories came from Europe anyway) and once they actually try to add diversity, it's either too diverse or not diverse enough... and you STILL took your kids to see Chipmunks 2 instead anyway!

AK18

Reaction score
Well, I'm a big fan of behind-the-scenes special features as well as the classics, and I've been waiting for years for jam-packed DVDs of the original movies. Why is it that kids' movies always come with one BTS feature and random other stuff like games?

Watching The Muppet Movie a while back, when Miss Piggy was singing "Never Before and Never Again," it hit me that that is Frank Oz singing that. And I thought if there was video footage of that recording session it has got to be hilarious! Those are the kinds of things I love to see. So if they do release the old movies on DVD again, add more to them! That'll actually make me buy them a second time.

And as far as specific-to-the-new-movie promos, I'm liking the ideas you guys are mentioning.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Watching The Muppet Movie a while back, when Miss Piggy was singing "Never Before and Never Again," it hit me that that is Frank Oz singing that. And I thought if there was video footage of that recording session it has got to be hilarious! Those are the kinds of things I love to see. So if they do release the old movies on DVD again, add more to them! That'll actually make me buy them a second time.
I had that same thought when listening to "Love Led Us Here." I think it's be great to see something like outtake footage of previous movies

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, apparently the comics are out. :mad:

So... yeah... movie or no movie, I'm keeping my sights low.