What are the highest quality Fraggle plush?

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
Sababa released some Fraggles in 2003 that I really like. No one has yet to get the "hair" right...

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the Sababa Wembley since he's my favorite character. I love the MT one I have a lot, but he just isn't close enough to the puppet for my liking (Maybe I should just learn how to make a replica of the actual Wembley :coy:). I've seen some nice pictures of the smaller one, but I'm looking to get the bigger version that comes with the DVD. All I can find are stock photos of it, though. Is there anyone here who has the bigger Sababa Wembley that can tell me if it's pretty good looking?

Jelopi

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying the Sababa Wembley since he's my favorite character. I love the MT one I have a lot, but he just isn't close enough to the puppet for my liking (Maybe I should just learn how to make a replica of the actual Wembley :coy:). I've seen some nice pictures of the smaller one, but I'm looking to get the bigger version that comes with the DVD. All I can find are stock photos of it, though. Is there anyone here who has the bigger Sababa Wembley that can tell me if it's pretty good looking?
Hi Lotus! I have pics of both the Sababa Wembley dolls (the one with the DVD and without) from my collection. I think he looks good and fairly close to the actual puppet...his hair is ever feathery. I would recommend getting him :coy:. Ive attached links to the pics for you to judge for yourself :excited:

http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums... Collection/?action=view&current=46fb3f1d.jpg

http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums... Collection/?action=view&current=51c68c47.jpg

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
Aw, Wembley looks adorable. In fact, they all do! It's a shame they didn't make Mokey or Matt. Matt I can understand, but you can't have the Fraggle Five with only four of the fraggles!

One gripe I have about the MT Wembley is his hair. Even my little brother pointed out the doll doesn't have enough hair, and he's only seen about four episodes of the show. The Sababa Wembley seems to have the same crazy hair the real Wembley does and his skin doesn't seem to be such a bright yellow.

@Redsonga: In that picture on the right, it looks like Wembley is trying to eat Boober's hat and Red is cracking up laughing over it. :stick_out_tongue:

Mystic Master

Reaction score
I used to own all the Sababa plush Fraggles, and while they were great, I sold the collection because they never made Mokey.

lotusoftheleaf

Reaction score
Amazon has the larger Sababa Wembley plush for about $35 and eBay has them for $25, not including shipping. That's more than I paid for the Manhattan Toy one. Any other site doesn't have them in stock. They're not that old, so why are they so expensive? Were only a few of them made?

beaker

Reaction score
I find the 2004 Sababa plushes to be my personal favorite, and the best Ive seen over the decades. I cant stand the new plushes