New Pics: Jason Segel and the Muppets at the L.A. movie set

cahuenga

Reaction score
I would love to herar Jerry in the new film! its a possibility that crossed my mind too! and I hope that Frank could do something, like voicing one of his characters, Sam for example, or Marvin suggs, George....

Puckrox

Reaction score
I don't think Frank's coming back. He's moved on. But Jerry's a whole other story. I'd love it if his voice was dubbed in for a character or two of his. :sing:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I'm assuming that Matt Vogel is puppeteering Uncle Deadly, since he took over Jerry Nelson's Muppet Show characters.
OMG OMG UNCLE DEADLY! I LOVE UNCLE DEADLY! :big_grin: :big_grin: I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy that made my day!

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
It's great that there's more focus on the classic Muppet Show characters in this movie. When was the last time Uncle Deadly was seen, not to mention Thog and Behemoth (where's Timmy Monster and the Mutations).

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
It's great that there's more focus on the classic Muppet Show characters in this movie. When was the last time Uncle Deadly was seen, not to mention Thog and Behemoth (where's Timmy Monster and the Mutations).
I remember the day after surgery 2 months ago I watched the Twiggy episode with Uncle Deadly on season one of the Muppet show and he was all like "I'm the phantom of the Muppet show." and being the TOTAL phantom of the opera geek I am I started laughing sooooo hard and thus. . . Uncle Deadly became one of my favorites.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Annother cameo announced

Now, I gotta say this... this is unsettlingly close to the Disney Meddling I was concerned with, putting people from shows on their networks into the film...they picked a GOOD choice, I think... and from a show that's actually good, and I'm considering if this was a Universal release, we'd see nothing but NBC fall line up commercials for shows that would get canceled before the movie came out... but I'm wondering if this doesn't seem forced. Though I like this kid, indeed I do. He is one of the funniest members of the cast, and I'm sure he'd work well.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I love Manny on Modern Family, so I can't say I'm too disappointed... I just hope this movie doesn't overkill with cameos. I love a good cameo, but too much might be too much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to request a favor of someone.

I want someone to list all the potential cameo guests, even the ones that backed out/were just rumors. Just to see how many of them are actually still in the running.

I know the Lady Gaga bit isn't definite and the I Dream of Jeannie cameo was a rumor...

dwmckim

Reaction score
Annother cameo announced

Now, I gotta say this... this is unsettlingly close to the Disney Meddling I was concerned with, putting people from shows on their networks into the film...they picked a GOOD choice, I think... and from a show that's actually good, and I'm considering if this was a Universal release, we'd see nothing but NBC fall line up commercials for shows that would get canceled before the movie came out... but I'm wondering if this doesn't seem forced. Though I like this kid, indeed I do. He is one of the funniest members of the cast, and I'm sure he'd work well.
Doesn't worry me. Granted, if someone from a Disney property shows up on another Disney project, it could be seen as self-propping - but given how we've come to a point where the number of parent companies that own essentially all media can be counted on one hand, by the same token it would seem odd if there weren't some connections due to the number of people out there who don't have them.

Given how if they're going to cast a boy, the fact that it's a talented one from a strong ensemble cast and not one of the cookie-cutter Disney Channel stars speaks volumes. I'd be happy to see anyone from not only Modern Family but also The Middle or Cougartown as they are all shows with strong ensembles that have earned their respective place in each project. Heck, speaking of connections, David Arquette has had two major roles in Muppet films and showed up to support Kermit's Hollywood Star but if he was cast in this project everyone would dismiss it as being because his wife is the star of Cougar Town (even though their relationship is troubled at the moment). Sometimes a talented celebrity who's a Muppet fan is just a talented celebrity who's a Muppet fan.

As per your question of the "role call", apparently Kathy Griffin was a last minute replacement for Jean Claude Van Damme so you can take him off the list

Drtooth

Reaction score
As per your question of the "role call", apparently Kathy Griffin was a last minute replacement for Jean Claude Van Damme so you can take him off the list
I wonder if they have the Jean Claude vanClamm Puppet anywhere. HE would make a great cameo.