New Pics: Jason Segel and the Muppets at the L.A. movie set

rowlfy662

Reaction score
omg the newsman gonig to be in this faints i hope harry and clifford are also in this movie and if newsieis thier beau has got to be :zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And of course, Kathy Griffin's got a cameo in this one too. Wonder if there's gonna be any reference to the other movie or not. I guess we could call Billy and Kathy repeat offenders. That's always good to see.

(though, I AM more excited about Scooter and Newsman).

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Is Steve doing the newsman in this movie? I sure hope so, I've grown used to his newsman. I'm glad to see David doing Scooter, I think that it's great that Scooter now has a permanent performer, it's a great tribute to Richard. Is David performing Janice too?
:wink::flirt:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I love how Scooter looks in this pic then in the Disney Star Special Muppet DC thing. He looked flat. That is his head. Awsome news!:wink:

dwmckim

Reaction score
It's always exciting when a minor character like The Newsman gets time on the big screen!

And liking Kathy Griffin. She was one of the few cameos in MFS that i loved!

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
OMG SCOOTER AND RICKY YAAAAAY! :Kermit arm flail: I'm so happy. I love Ricky Gervais [Night at the Museum for da win!]

beaker

Reaction score
It's always exciting when a minor character like The Newsman gets time on the big screen!

And liking Kathy Griffin. She was one of the few cameos in MFS that i loved!
I prefer Joan Rivers over Kathy Griffin...would rather see Rivers cameo anyday!(I bring that up as I know Rivers and Griffin had this oddball feud over the years)

Puckrox

Reaction score
OMG SCOOTER AND RICKY YAAAAAY! :Kermit arm flail: I'm so happy. I love Ricky Gervais [Night at the Museum for da win!]
Aaaaah, I missed the picture of Ricky and Scooter the first time around! I love Ricky Gervais! His stand up is so offensive and hilarious. Plus I love him on the (original) Office, Louie, The Invention of Lying, Ghost Town, and Spaced. But, yeah, his stand up is great. Aaaaah, such a great guy! :wink:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I prefer Joan Rivers over Kathy Griffin...would rather see Rivers cameo anyday!(I bring that up as I know Rivers and Griffin had this oddball feud over the years)
At one time i may have agreed but while Joan used to be comic gold throughout a lot of her career, she's really become embarrassingly unfunny as she's aged - to the level where you just are left watching her and left shaking your head.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I have to admit I'm not too pleased with the Ricky Gervais cameo, and the photo of (and what I assume will be a scene with) him and my favourite muppet.... ugh, I don't obsessively hate him or anything but I would be lying if I said it doesn't bug me haha. I apologize to people who like him but I just never have been able to stand him. I just hope it's one scene and that's it lol.

Although I quite like the other photo that shows David Rudman puppeteering Scooter... mainly cos of just that! I've been wanting to see a behind the scenes pic that showed David with Scooter :smile: and it is nice to see Scooter fall more into the limelight these days with these photos and what-not.

When I first read quotes from Jason Segel that stated he wanted this movie to feel more like the first three and any other productions from the 70s or 80s, I still was a little skeptical. I kept thinking "Well, Pepe wasn't around in that era and they'll obviously include him right?" (Not that I mind if they do or don't bring him on board) and "Scooter, Rowlf and The Electric Mayhem are back these days but they have mostly been falling into supporting roles if anything, will he bring them back to where they were in the group back then?"

In the past couple months or so, seeing more and more behind the scenes photos and to my surprise them not mostly showing the usual group of Muppets you'd expect these days like Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Pepe. If anything, I've rarely seen pics with them in, haven't seen anything of Pepe so far either. Well, it really does feel like Segel wasn't kidding and he's as much a fan of all the characters (including the ones that had been missing for a while). Some characters have been remodled to look more like they used to aswell! In the latest pic from Kathy Griffin, at first I thought I was looking at a Scooter puppet from the 80s! And Gonzo seems to be wearing the sweater vest he wore from most of the 80s too! So it really does feel a bit like they are going all out here!

My trust in Jason really has grown, not that I only doubted him in the past, but I fully realize now that he is a big Muppet fan and it looks as though all the characters are in safe hands.

My only concern really is what looks like an ever-growing list of celebrity cameos. Regardless of whether I like anyone on the list or not, most of the reports on the movie so far, have really been about which next celebrity will be appearing on the movie. And that's great for the attention and what-not but I don't want it to be mostly about that. There's a big group of Muppets too and I hope we get to see more of them and they get a good amount to do in the movie instead of it mostly being "Oh, look there's Billy Crystal! Oh look there's Jack Black! Oh look, there's Mickey Rooney! etc"

I know there's been cameos in past movies but I'm starting to feel a vibe of "Who else can we get into this movie?" from reading all the reports, like that's all that matters about this movie :concern: