New Pics: Jason Segel and the Muppets at the L.A. movie set

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Nice find good sir!
Personally, I'm very happy that they're filming in real places (ie:embarrassed:utdoors) instead of stages made to look like outside.
The natural lighting is where our friends belong.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the new Muppet Walter looks great here. Much better than the poser. That had the flat-head kermit poser look to it. That's okay for a photo, but this guy has a lot of Muppety life to him!

I'm not sure how the Piggy and Gonzo puppets will look, but Janice looks fabulous! :flirt:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I think the new Muppet Walter looks great here. Much better than the poser. That had the flat-head kermit poser look to it. That's okay for a photo, but this guy has a lot of Muppety life to him!

I'm not sure how the Piggy and Gonzo puppets will look, but Janice looks fabulous! :flirt:
Agreed, imo, they all look great (from these angles, lol. I still don't like Gonzo's new nose).

Am I the only one who thinks all these threads should be merged?

This thread, along with these:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=50518
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=50808

Not trying to step on any toes, it's just, all these threads are about the same thing, and I'd LOVE to read it all in the same thread, without clicking all over the place.

Or maybe it's just me. :wink: Cheers,
Ant

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed, imo, they all look great (from these angles, lol. I still don't like Gonzo's new nose).

Am I the only one who thinks all these threads should be merged?

This thread, along with these:
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=50518
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=50808

Not trying to step on any toes, it's just, all these threads are about the same thing, and I'd LOVE to read it all in the same thread, without clicking all over the place.

Or maybe it's just me. :wink: Cheers,
Ant

Totally agree. There's a LOT of Muppet movie news coming, sure... but new threads about one specific new detail are starting to choke up the boards, and it's just a lot less confusion if these were all merged or posted in other, existing, movie news threads.

Mupp

Reaction score
Totally agree. There's a LOT of Muppet movie news coming, sure... but new threads about one specific new detail are starting to choke up the boards, and it's just a lot less confusion if these were all merged or posted in other, existing, movie news threads.
That's fine with me. I just made a thread because I wasn't sure where this should go, plus, I wanted people to pay attention to it. :wink::coy:

muppetperson

Reaction score

I agree, Walter is great in the photo.He does have a slight angle to his face, where his nose should be and his eyes appear to be slightly smaller and pupils in a better position.And Miss Piggy looks great again.I hated her compact, limited expression look that she has had since "Letters to Santa".

Drtooth

Reaction score
As far as posers go, they never really have the same feeling as the actual puppets being performed. I've seen some terrible posers in my day most of them were Cookie Monster ones... oh, the overdone shagginess.

Seeing Walter with a puppeteer, if only in pictures, really gives the character a greater depth than just a stuffed animal standing around. That crease caused by knuckles DOES give it a nose like quality, really improving on the overall Sesame Street-ish shape.

Mupp

Reaction score
Seeing Walter with a puppeteer, if only in pictures, really gives the character a greater depth than just a stuffed animal standing around. That crease caused by knuckles DOES give it a nose like quality, really improving on the overall Sesame Street-ish shape.
Agreed.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh man I am loving this coverage, and find it hard not to follow every little step of the movie. I like how already the main characters are prominently featured.

Nice find good sir!
Personally, I'm very happy that they're filming in real places (ie:embarrassed:utdoors) instead of stages made to look like outside.
The natural lighting is where our friends belong.
Oh I couldn't agree more. From the "Kermit and Fozzie talk to Cows"
Muppet Movie extra and the gang walking through downtown New York City in TMTM, to the segments of Pepe interviewing stars in From the Balcony...the Muppets always look amazing with a heightened sense of realism amidst a real world setting. The stagelot stuff works for stuff like Bear in the Big Blue House, Fraggle Rock or Muppet tv shows...but for a Muppet movie, most of it should take place in the real world.