We Have a Picture of Walter AND MORE NEWS!

dwmckim

Reaction score
We know Bill Barretta will very much be a part of the film with Rowlf, The Swedish Chef, Dr. Teeth and other classic Muppets, but I really want to see some Pepe.

It appears that Segel's preference for only classic Muppet Show characters has translated into the recent photo shoots. We get greats like Scooter and Rowlf, but Pepe's out. I really wonder how much he will be featured. I love the little prawn, but wouldn't mind our old favorites giving more screen time than him. Pepe's been propping up the Muppet brand for a while. He deserves both recognition and rest.
In the older draft of the script that got leaked, the reviews of the script said Pepe was the only newer character in it and only had three lines. Hopefully this changed as more drafts were done but that gives you an idea of how much you can probably expect.

He'll probably be more "behind the scenes" like hosting documentary footage or interviews on dvd extras.

Beauregard

Reaction score
According to TP today, Walter will not be voice by a celebrity, but rather by the awesome Puppeteer who we've seen lying under him! That (to me) is exactly as it SHOULD be.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mentioned that on another thread... and I gotta tell yah, we need to start making a UNIFIED Muppet movie news thread... it's starting to get confusing.

But I agree... Having a celeb dub their voice over the character was a cute idea and all, though it was NEVER their intention, but it just wouldn't have felt right. Plus, as I said before, I'd HATE to see this movie be deplored by critics only because they all the sudden find Michael Cera annoying.

beaker

Reaction score
I mentioned that on another thread... and I gotta tell yah, we need to start making a UNIFIED Muppet movie news thread... it's starting to get confusing.

But I agree... Having a celeb dub their voice over the character was a cute idea and all, though it was NEVER their intention, but it just wouldn't have felt right. Plus, as I said before, I'd HATE to see this movie be deplored by critics only because they all the sudden find Michael Cera annoying.
Yeah wayyy too many threads keep getting threadcromanced or made.

The big news besides Peter Linz being the performer/voice of Walter, is that this will be a "full on musical" according to Segal with "10-12" original songs. Knowing the Flight of the Conchords goofy genius, I can only imagine(youtube "flight of the conchords david bowie song")

MFS I believe had zero, VMX had what..just a couple original songs? LTS had a few, but 10-12 madcap numbers...soooo cannot wait.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Not only are they numbers, but they are singing and dancing numbers! Even Jason said he's full-on singing and dancing in this! (No "Wish I could be Santa Clause" here!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
The big news besides Peter Linz being the performer/voice of Walter, is that this will be a "full on musical" according to Segal with "10-12" original songs. Knowing the Flight of the Conchords goofy genius, I can only imagine(youtube "flight of the conchords david bowie song")

MFS I believe had zero, VMX had what..just a couple original songs? LTS had a few, but 10-12 madcap numbers...soooo cannot wait.
Really, that sounds more and more like a classic Muppet Movie... though, Muppet Movie had only about 7 or 8.. so I'm wondering if that many songs will be in the film, or if any will be cut either from the production or the editing stages.

Not only are they numbers, but they are singing and dancing numbers! Even Jason said he's full-on singing and dancing in this! (No "Wish I could be Santa Clause" here!)
I think LTS was a great production (especially compared to other recent ones), but Paul Williams was completely off his game. It all screams "this should have been in pre-production longer," especially the music.

beaker

Reaction score
Really, that sounds more and more like a classic Muppet Movie... though, Muppet Movie had only about 7 or 8.. so I'm wondering if that many songs will be in the film, or if any will be cut either from the production or the editing stages.

I think LTS was a great production (especially compared to other recent ones), but Paul Williams was completely off his game. It all screams "this should have been in pre-production longer," especially the music.
It does feel like they wrote, shot and released LTS rather quickly. As I've mentioned before, to me it's the first "special" that has that film look. There's something really special about LTS that I didn't feel about VMMCM(which, even though its longer and you get the full on muppet theater crazyness I just didnt fall in love with it) I think even just 15-20 minutes would have helped it out immensely.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's the same for me, if there's three problems I had with it it's the fact it should have been longer, the fact it should have had either a different ending, or a sequence in which the other characters realize their selfishness, and the fact that it really needed a little more pre-production time to make everything completely sharp.

But other than that, it IS the direction they needed to go in, and without a mess of at the moment pop culture references and only a COUPLE NBC promos.