Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

Should Katy Perry's song been cut from Sesame Street?

• Yes

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • No

Votes: 109 79.0%

• Total voters

mishymoogrover

Reaction score
I don't think Katie Perry should have been cut because of her outfit. It really wasnt' all that bad. But the song and her acting were horrible so I am glad that it didn't make it for that reason.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
and do parents think that they're children are never gonna see cleavage? i mean, honestly. it's not gonna kill them. ugh. ridiculous in my opinion. this whole thing.
As Charleton Heston would say,

"Boobs don't kill people. People who are boobs kill people"

:wink:

(I got that quote from a video on Youtube, forgot the user's name though)

Drtooth

Reaction score
The sexualization of children continues to sicken and shock us all, yet there it is...little girls wearing shirts that have double entendre/suggestive themes, and there mom's think nothing of it. They literally sell that stuff at the mall, and ya see it everywhere.
I don't see why that's never an issue, and presumably okay. It seems we're moving past that, but how come skit in question is so full of evil it has to be pulled, and I can go out and find belly shirts for 4 year olds that have Playboy Bunnies or the Penthouse logo or "Spoiled rotten" written on it? Really. Remember when everyone was idolizing Paris Hilton? And what about Bratz dolls? I thought they had to get rid of those... not for that reason, but Mattel successfully sued MGA.

Given all the hullabaloo over the Katy Perry video, why is the US so focused on fighting Muslim fundamentalists when America seems to share the Muslims hatred of women and gays?
Heh, I always ask that. But that's something that requires a debate not suitable here.

Personally, I still hate the whole "human body is evil" bit. Sure, there are 4 things on a woman's body I wouldn't be comfortable having my hypothetical kids see (and I see at least 2 of them in socially acceptable dress), and none of them are even shown here. SW did a decent job covering her up if you actually READ the story and watch the segment.

That said, I don't think they should ever show women's feet again. There are a lot of perverted YT'ers out there that were drooling inappropriately at Gabby's toes that one time.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I watched it. I don't see the big deal. It's a fun, cute video and is just another opportunity for a handful of outrageous claims to censor something fun. Really, kids that would be watching this will be playing along with Elmo over looking at what the adult audience is seeing.

Nick22

Reaction score
I watched it. I don't see the big deal. It's a fun, cute video and is just another opportunity for a handful of outrageous claims to censor something fun. Really, kids that would be watching this will be playing along with Elmo over looking at what the adult audience is seeing.
exactly. adults need to know that kids don't even pay attention to that stuff. they don't think like adults or teenagers.

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
What's the big deal?
Why would they cut that? It's oversensoring and it's wrong. Only perverted adults look there. Children look at her FACE, not her BREASTS.
Children see a "grown-up" wanting to dress up with Elmo. Children don't see a "****" or a "whore."
That being said, this political correctness is driving me crazy! Do we really have to delete EVERYTHING just because a few over-conservative viewers voice themselves?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Children see a "grown-up" wanting to dress up with Elmo. Children don't see a "****" or a "whore."
That being said, this political correctness is driving me crazy! Do we really have to delete EVERYTHING just because a few over-conservative viewers voice themselves?
I've been asking that for years. Everyone just wants to have the great feeling of taking something down I guess, or they want to pass on the same "values" (read: backward, xenophobic ideals) on to their kids, so they can grow up afraid of everything (and easily manipulated by the party of their choice).

This isn't even political correctness... more like the opposite. The PC'ers took awy half the old sketches and FORCED them to put yoga sketches. No.. not ones that mock yoga, almost deriding it as new age nonsense that upper class gentrified neighborhood dwellers go to. Actual Yoga segments. I'm sorry, but if anything SHOULD be banned, it's these obvious commercials for yoga. What ever happened to kids playing in dirt? No. It's all about Mommy and Me Yoga classes now. That burns me up.

DreeRAWRScooter

Reaction score
I've been asking that for years. Everyone just wants to have the great feeling of taking something down I guess, or they want to pass on the same "values" (read: backward, xenophobic ideals) on to their kids, so they can grow up afraid of everything (and easily manipulated by the party of their choice).

This isn't even political correctness... more like the opposite. The PC'ers took awy half the old sketches and FORCED them to put yoga sketches. No.. not ones that mock yoga, almost deriding it as new age nonsense that upper class gentrified neighborhood dwellers go to. Actual Yoga segments. I'm sorry, but if anything SHOULD be banned, it's these obvious commercials for yoga. What ever happened to kids playing in dirt? No. It's all about Mommy and Me Yoga classes now. That burns me up.
PC'ers make me so sad. I mean, what happened to Cookie Monster being able to... ACTUALLY EAT COOKIES WITHOUT BEING QUESTIONED? And yes, it's a form of retrogression. They should leave entertainment alone. It's not like Katy Perry came in wearing a bra and fish-nets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
PC'ers make me so sad. I mean, what happened to Cookie Monster being able to... ACTUALLY EAT COOKIES WITHOUT BEING QUESTIONED? And yes, it's a form of retrogression. They should leave entertainment alone. It's not like Katy Perry came in wearing a bra and fish-nets.
There is a differnce. PCr's actually WOULDN'T have a problem with Katy's dress. They might actually defend it. But make no mistake. I'm no fan of them either. There's just so much that happened on SS because of the PC movement that had negative effects. One of the new producers in the 90's had complaints about the Chicken King segment because a chicken should only play a chicken, drawing an imaginary parallel between that and racism, I guess.

The Veggie monster fiasco, which WAS blown out of proportion by media sensationalism (I love loud, obnoxious, Grouchy news, don't you. I'm not even singling anyone one out. They're all like that no matter what), happened mainly because of scared spitless parents worrying about the hyped up obesity "epidemic" (a media term that sounds a lot sexier than saying "problem of laziness combined with the overindulgence and or being financially prone to terrible foods.") Plus, they were doing damage control for having evil vile nasty McD's as a sponser (oh, and a Bank and Healthcare provider are that much less corporate).

All and all, over zealous parents from either side of the aisle (overly PC obsessive lefties, overly righty "values" mongers and everyone in between that can't deal with stuff) just don't understand kids, what they like, what they want, and what's not good for them to see. It's like I always say, there's more effort getting guns off Batman than our streets. Kiddy programming is the most over regulated thing in our country. That said, I absolutely LOVE the teenagers who feel that the fact there's no rape scene in Yu-Gi-Oh and the fact they had to color Popo blue is all on purpose to personally attack them. :rolleyes: