Sesame Street Dream

ISNorden

Reaction score
I've had dreams about the train from that picture-puzzle sketch barreling through the TV, crushing me, and wrecking the room in the process. I've also been attacked by some of the less friendly-looking monsters in nightmares (usually some minor monster whose name only a trivia buff would remember). Sometimes I'd get into arguments with characters (Muppet and human) about not liking the letters/numbers of the day; those dreams occasionally got worse when the things-of-the-day themselves animated and began beating me to a pulp. The worst of those dreams could appear even in the middle of some unrelated, boring dream scene--especially if there happened to be a TV nearby. (Of course, in the dream, changing the channel or turning off the TV became impossible: when I finally became able to control those nightmares, I saw myself smashing the "evil" machine to bits.

On a lighter note, I've occasionally dreamed of seeing episodes with impossible sponsors (foreign/dead alphabets and weird random numbers, anyone?). Not to mention episodes in which the whole cast hates the script and decides to go on strike right there on the set... *LOL*

wiley207

Reaction score
Here are a few other odd Sesame Street dreams that I've had:

Newsflash: The Count launches 12 cannon balls outside his castle which makes Kermit run in horror.

The Count counts the chimes that his grandfather clock makes.
The Final chimes echo loudly throughout his castle that he faints.

That Newsflash about the Count's cannonballs wound NEVER be made! It would be deemed as too scary for kids. Besides, the Count would NEVER be violent to Kermit! But the one about the Count's grandfather clock I could definitely see as a skit.

OK, so a couple of nights ago, I had a REALLY odd Sesame Street dream I should tell ya about. Someone (I think it was Sawing14s) uploaded some street scenes from an episode to Youtube; I think it was a 1980s episode. It had Sherlock Hemlock talking to a little lost Anything Muppet boy that was out on a harbor at night. Seemed pretty odd.
Another clip had this weird animated segment about the letter "E" starring an animated elephant on a white background. The elephant was lecturing about the E, and then I think he annoyed the narrator, whom proceeded to called the elephant "a yakity yakity yak!" And of course, the skit immediately became a total ripoff of the ending of the old "yakity yak" skit about the letter Y, with the elephant grunting off-distance, and then charging toward the screen and causing a huge crash as we see glass shattering!
The last frame of that video showed the Sesame Street News Flash title card off at a distance. (This was because when I was little, I remember seeing a Sesame Street episode a couple of times that my parents probably taped, and they showed the "Yakity yak" skit, and after the collision, the News Flash logo ZOOMED right up to the camera! :concern: I forget which one of Kermit's special reports it was, and which episode that did that.) I remember commenting on the page what News Flash skit followed that animated segment, and if it was one that wasn't already there for the user to upload it.
Then when I woke up, the first thing I immediately thought was knowing that the elephant skit I dreamed about never existed, and my mind was just parodying the Yakity Yakity Yak!
Man, I think I need to cut down on watching the classic Sesame Street clips. :big_grin:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I've had a rather weird one a couple of nights ago:

It was a sketch from around the early-mid 80s, and it was a game show skit hosted by Guy Smiley. I forgot about the details and objectives of the game, but the contestants in this bit were David, Maria, Bob and Luis as Anything Muppets. And by that, I mean they were painted different colors and had several Muppet features (nose, hair, etc) Maria was blue and seen in a firefighter's outfit, David was green, had gred hair and an orange nose with white number, Bob was yelllow, had a blue sweatshirt and triangular green nose and Luis was orange and in a gray suit, brown hair and purple nose.

:smirk:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've had a rather weird one a couple of nights ago:

It was a sketch from around the early-mid 80s, and it was a game show skit hosted by Guy Smiley. I forgot about the details and objectives of the game, but the contestants in this bit were David, Maria, Bob and Luis as Anything Muppets. And by that, I mean they were painted different colors and had several Muppet features (nose, hair, etc) Maria was blue and seen in a firefighter's outfit, David was green, had gred hair and an orange nose with white number, Bob was yelllow, had a blue sweatshirt and triangular green nose and Luis was orange and in a gray suit, brown hair and purple nose.

:smirk:
That'd be an interesting game show to watch.:wink:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here's another weird dream I had

This dream was 4 years ago.I was at school and was eating lunch with the staff and we were watching Sesame Street then "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics came on and by the time the video started after Nora Nicks introduction I find myself floating backwords outside the School.It was probably the weirdest dream I've had so far.Also what was even weirder was that when the sketch came on Nora was wearing a hat and scarf and was shiverring when she was talking because apparently it was cold inside because you could also here wind blowing.

PinballStewie

Reaction score
This dream was 4 years ago.I was at school and was eating lunch with the staff and we were watching Sesame Street then "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics came on and by the time the video started after Nora Nicks introduction I find myself floating backwords outside the School.It was probably the weirdest dream I've had so far.Also what was even weirder was that when the sketch came on Nora was wearing a hat and scarf and was shiverring when she was talking because apparently it was cold inside because you could also here wind blowing.
Awesome dream, bigjeffy! :wink: Just about every single weird dream I've HAD involves Sesame Street in some way or another. Coincidentally, I had a dream LAST NIGHT that involved "The Letter N" (it also involved "Rebel L".) I dreamt that I was in my old high school and some guy was singing "Rebel L" and everyone thought it was hilarious the way he was singing it, so I asked him if he knew "The Letter N". His response was (something like) "No, but it sounds pretty cool!"

Then there was another one I had a couple weeks ago where the Bellhop (from those '80s cartoons on SS; YOU know which one I'm talkin' about :wink:) had to deliver 6 presents to a little girl. I guess he had just about it with being bossed around by the desk clerk because instead of saying "6! 6 presents! 6!" after hearing about what he had to, he said, "Ummm...here you go kid. I'll see what I can do." It turned out the little girl needed the presents for a 6th (I think) birthday party she invited 6 girls to.

The weirdest SS dream I've ever had, though, was called "The Death of Bert and Ernie". It was a film being shown in my dream on Turner Classic Movies. Ernie was dressed as Ichabod Crane from Sleepy Hollow and leading Bert through a dark forest with a roller coaster. By the time they got off the roller coaster, a Muppet raccoon came out with an army of other Muppet animals and said "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" and cut off Bert's head; but it wasn't violent and gory with blood and everything. Instead, it was goofy; Bert's head fell off and sprouted feet!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Awesome dream, bigjeffy! :wink: Just about every single weird dream I've HAD involves Sesame Street in some way or another. Coincidentally, I had a dream LAST NIGHT that involved "The Letter N" (it also involved "Rebel L".) I dreamt that I was in my old high school and some guy was singing "Rebel L" and everyone thought it was hilarious the way he was singing it, so I asked him if he knew "The Letter N". His response was (something like) "No, but it sounds pretty cool!"
Lol,have you had any dreams of "Wet Paint" or "Danger's No Stranger" btw?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I once had a dream that I saw a big Sesame Street playset (or maybe it was a game board), featuring all kinds of Sesame Street figures (though the only characters I remember seeing are Biff and Sully).

Once, I had a dream where Bruno and Bob were playing checkers.

I also had a dream once where Bruno and Gina were both looking around for some reason as the Monsterpeice Theater theme played (and this is '80s Gina, not her then-modern look... I had this dream back in 1999).

PinballStewie

Reaction score
Lol,have you had any dreams of "Wet Paint" or "Danger's No Stranger" btw?
Well, I did have one dream where I was singing the lyrics to "Danger's No Stranger" and somebody thought I got 'em wrong...haven't had any "Wet Paint" dreams.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, I did have one dream where I was singing the lyrics to "Danger's No Stranger" and somebody thought I got 'em wrong...haven't had any "Wet Paint" dreams.
I occasionaly have dreams where there's a different music video for "Wet Paint",but it still goes noramlly,paint splasihing on the backwall,the paint getting on the camera lens at the end,though they seem to go alot longer.Dreams can be weird sometimes.But what are you gonna do lol.