The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Mupp

Reaction score
Given how tiny the Muppet fan community is, we have a rich illustrious tradition of nit picking and OCD inspecting/ripping apart and analyzing the smallest detail(Man, Im surprised some people on here didnt give poor Ken Lilly a stroke!)

I obviously don't have access to numbers, but let's not kid ourselves: were probably the only ones who even are keeping tabs on Muppets Kitchen, let alone watching it.
To be fair, the Muppets Kitchen has been advertised on CBS, and has been advertised quite a bit on the home page of Disney.com. And I've even spotted some web ads for it while browsing other Disney web pages.
So, it is possible that others know about it.

But yes, I understand what you are saying, and I agree with everything you said in your post. :smile:

The important thing is that the Muppets are doing things again.

Beauregard

Reaction score
And no, no subtitles, having subtitles is out of the question. By having English words on screen at the same time as he is speaking, it would completely shatter the character and the whole point of his shtick.
I used to love when he had subtitles that were equally unintelligable, such as in Chinese. Was that in a Valentine special maybe? :hungry: Bork!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. I kind of think it's time to move past Angelo and the Kitchen. The Muppets are already on to bigger and better things and Angelo is a little web footnote like From the Balcony. There's some good, some not-so-good and the program has served its promotional purpose. The Muppets were doing some experiments and all fan feedback, positive and negative, is important to voice.
I really think From the Balcony deserved better. At least they could have kept the old segments up for archival purposes... even if they released them directly to Youtube. Heck, it would be a great idea to bring that back to hype up the movie.

We may not hear or see of this ever again (are there anymore episodes?) but I could see Angelo being used in a crowd scene to.. well... fill out a crowd.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I used to love when he had subtitles that were equally unintelligable, such as in Chinese.
They were either Chinese or Japanese--the two languages share a lot of ideograms--and most of the time they were mirror-imaged. But maybe that's proper for Mock Japanese.

beaker

Reaction score
I really think From the Balcony deserved better. At least they could have kept the old segments up for archival purposes... even if they released them directly to Youtube. Heck, it would be a great idea to bring that back to hype up the movie.

We may not hear or see of this ever again (are there anymore episodes?) but I could see Angelo being used in a crowd scene to.. well... fill out a crowd.

Do you know of anyone or anywhere any of the FTB episodes are? I cant find any. Back before they took down the archive, I had no idea of how to capture FLV or streaming videos like I do now. I made sure to grab all the muppets.com sketches, but there was a lot of FTB I really wish I had. Sadly they'll never be able to release a dvd of the episodes due to all the movie content in it.

To be fair, the Muppets Kitchen has been advertised on CBS, and has been advertised quite a bit on the home page of Disney.com. And I've even spotted some web ads for it while browsing other Disney web pages.
So, it is possible that others know about it.

But yes, I understand what you are saying, and I agree with everything you said in your post. :smile:

The important thing is that the Muppets are doing things again.
Oh wow, I seriously didn't know the Muppets Kitchen has been getting promoted on tv. Usually Im so used to online series not getting much fanfair or coverage. Ya really can't complain about brand fresh new sketches.

D23 in 2009 laid out what was going to come to pass in 2010, so its been a steady year; so I'm thinking by the late winter/early spring we'll hear more of a solid gameplan of much more amazingness to come.

Ive seen all the Muppet Kitchen/Tasty Habits; Angelo comes off with the same earnest kindness that Fozzie has; which is always a good thing. Perhaps his whole character and persona is that he's new, and just trying to fit in and find his way

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do you know of anyone or anywhere any of the FTB episodes are? I cant find any. Back before they took down the archive, I had no idea of how to capture FLV or streaming videos like I do now. I made sure to grab all the muppets.com sketches, but there was a lot of FTB I really wish I had. Sadly they'll never be able to release a dvd of the episodes due to all the movie content in it.
There's like a 2 minute clip of the Superman segment posted by Muppetwikia on youtube somewhere... that's IT. I only got to see a couple before they took them all down. I just got a computer when they started to discontinued it.

Mupp

Reaction score
Oh wow, I seriously didn't know the Muppets Kitchen has been getting promoted on tv. Usually Im so used to online series not getting much fanfair or coverage. Ya really can't complain about brand fresh new sketches.

D23 in 2009 laid out what was going to come to pass in 2010, so its been a steady year; so I'm thinking by the late winter/early spring we'll hear more of a solid gameplan of much more amazingness to come.

Ive seen all the Muppet Kitchen/Tasty Habits; Angelo comes off with the same earnest kindness that Fozzie has; which is always a good thing. Perhaps his whole character and persona is that he's new, and just trying to fit in and find his way
Here's the clip if you are interested;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GyF19EZV9Y

Also, here is part of the media event that they did recently;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jt3X4SrXgM (The rest of it can be found on the suggested video list)

Mupp

Reaction score
..Oh, I also just want to add that I've been watching some of the newer episodes again, and Angelo is kind of growing on me.

A character with a simple design is not necessarily a bad thing.
As message board folks, I think we tend to underestimate just how forgiving the general public is with things like that. They don't worry about such things as much as we do.