The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

beaker

Reaction score
Well, I personally have no problem with Marvel being owned by Disney. Sure, it was a bit unexpected, but it could could turn out to be beneficial for both parties involved.
If nothing else, I think it will help Disney to attract the elusive boy demographic. They currently have Marvel cartoons on the Disney XD tv channel.

I think that part of the reason for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was to keep the classic characters relevant to the newer generation.
I really miss House Of Mouse, it was a brilliant concept as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully the Epic Mickey video game will be a success. This the first time that Disney alone is trying to make Mickey an edgier character in a darker environment. (The Kingdom Hearts series doesn't count, since that was from Square Enix)
Agree on all comments! The buying of Marvel Ent was pure genius, and really fills a major gap.

House of Mouse from the 90's was pure genius...a pretty much Roger Rabbit of the entire Disney canon, with some pretty obscure references aplenty. Timon and Pumba was genius I thought too, especially setting it in the modern world. Disney just has not done that for its flagship properties on the small screen in some time

Finally, yeah with Kingdom hearts huge success amongst both teen and college girls and guys, Disney knew the next step had to be an edgy and "epic" mickey adventure.

WB is already laying out plans for two modern Looney Tunes films, one starring Bugs and company and then one based around the concept of "Acme"...so I think companies are finally getting it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mean, did you ever think youd have BOTH a Darkwing and Muppet series regularly appearing at your local comic store?
As much as I love the Muppet comics, the Darkwing ones just kill me. I'd never think we'd see the likes of him, OR the Rescue Rangers again. I'm so glad that Boom is run by cartoon and Muppet geeks. Otherwise Disney would just completely forget about it's Disney Afternoon stuff.

WB is already laying out plans for two modern Looney Tunes films, one starring Bugs and company and then one based around the concept of "Acme"...so I think companies are finally getting it.

(Snickers) Warner Bros will NEVER get it. At least until they realize Looney Tunes don't make good movies and to not rest the fate of the license on movies. On the other hand, they KNOW what to do with Batman.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Step aside Angelo, we now have an even more boring new Puppet-looking Muppet design...Walter!

Nick22

Reaction score
Step aside Angelo, we now have an even more boring new Puppet-looking Muppet design...Walter!
i know. he's boring and doesn't look like a muppet. hopefully his personality will make up for it...

Mupp

Reaction score
Make no mistake, I am fully aware that Angelo is rather plain-looking, but this is just a web cooking/comedy show for a limited audience. Its really no big deal.
It fits for the situation.

Luke

Reaction score
Make no mistake, I am fully aware that Angelo is rather plain-looking, but this is just a web cooking/comedy show for a limited audience. Its really no big deal.
It fits for the situation.
The thing is you don't get anywhere in TV/Media by approaching a project with a "its just a ...." attitude. Even if it's just a small project you do your best and every other aspect of the show lives upto that. They could have done a much better job with Angelo.

I don't really think that character would have worked with Bill Baretta either, though maybe the personality would have been played a lot funnier.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree to an extent, it's time to just stop complaining about Angelo. All I wanna know is the exact reason why they came up with the character... I think there might be a Muppetcast somewhere that might explain it. I still think they could have done just as good with a rotating line of different Muppets to talk to. Kermit, maybe, hosting them. Even if they do improve the character of Angelo and make him wackier (which they were trying to do), it seems like he's the only Muppet they focus on in certain episodes. But then of course, the format is still tricky... I think it needs more of the spirit of the wacky insert segment in the actual food preparation. All and all, I'm wondering if this is just for a more casual fan base to begin with.

Mupp

Reaction score
Honestly, I am sure that most people in the general public don't think that Angelo looks too bad.

Its only the Internet crowd like us that tends to obsess over these things.

The show would not have worked too well with the Swedish Chef. He's funny, but he can't cook real food. He is also unintelligible

Yes, in theory he could have had a translator, but that whole "translating after he speaks" thing would get VERY tiresome and tedious after a while. They would essentially have to stop the show while someone translates.

And no, no subtitles, having subtitles is out of the question. By having English words on screen at the same time as he is speaking, it would completely shatter the character and the whole point of his shtick.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to agree to an extent, it's time to just stop complaining about Angelo. All I wanna know is the exact reason why they came up with the character... I think there might be a Muppetcast somewhere that might explain it. I still think they could have done just as good with a rotating line of different Muppets to talk to. Kermit, maybe, hosting them. Even if they do improve the character of Angelo and make him wackier (which they were trying to do), it seems like he's the only Muppet they focus on in certain episodes. But then of course, the format is still tricky... I think it needs more of the spirit of the wacky insert segment in the actual food preparation. All and all, I'm wondering if this is just for a more casual fan base to begin with.
I agree. I kind of think it's time to move past Angelo and the Kitchen. The Muppets are already on to bigger and better things and Angelo is a little web footnote like From the Balcony. There's some good, some not-so-good and the program has served its promotional purpose. The Muppets were doing some experiments and all fan feedback, positive and negative, is important to voice.

Ultimately, I wish the newer Muppets took a cue from the more elegant Muppets Tonight puppet building. I loved the look of so many of the "newer" (even if not new) puppets on that show. Andy, Randy, Clifford, Pepe, Carl and even Spamela. It's been hit-or-miss since Puppet Heap formed and took over the Muppet duties. They've done some amazing stuff, but they also have had some not-so-hot designs too.

You get less of a shot to make an impression in the entertainment world since the experimental Muppet Show days (and boy was that a tough sell in the first place). The Muppet gang has been pushing a boulder up a hill for a long time since Jim passed so the fan base is important. It's not important that we like everything. In fact it's good we voice our opinions. The most important thing is that we give all these things a shot. That we show up. And it appears that even the harshest critics will.

So I'm favor cooling it on the shilling for or dissing of Angelo. We've all had a say and that conversation's not going anywhere, plus there are so many other, cooler things to talk about!

beaker

Reaction score
I agree. I kind of think it's time to move past Angelo and the Kitchen. The Muppets are already on to bigger and better things and Angelo is a little web footnote like From the Balcony. There's some good, some not-so-good and the program has served its promotional purpose. The Muppets were doing some experiments and all fan feedback, positive and negative, is important to voice.

Ultimately, I wish the newer Muppets took a cue from the more elegant Muppets Tonight puppet building. I loved the look of so many of the "newer" (even if not new) puppets on that show. Andy, Randy, Clifford, Pepe, Carl and even Spamela. It's been hit-or-miss since Puppet Heap formed and took over the Muppet duties. They've done some amazing stuff, but they also have had some not-so-hot designs too.

You get less of a shot to make an impression in the entertainment world since the experimental Muppet Show days (and boy was that a tough sell in the first place). The Muppet gang has been pushing a boulder up a hill for a long time since Jim passed so the fan base is important. It's not important that we like everything. In fact it's good we voice our opinions. The most important thing is that we give all these things a shot. That we show up. And it appears that even the harshest critics will.

So I'm favor cooling it on the shilling for or dissing of Angelo. We've all had a say and that conversation's not going anywhere, plus there are so many other, cooler things to talk about!
Given how tiny the Muppet fan community is, we have a rich illustrious tradition of nit picking and OCD inspecting/ripping apart and analyzing the smallest detail(Man, Im surprised some people on here didnt give poor Ken Lilly a stroke!)

I obviously don't have access to numbers, but let's not kid ourselves: were probably the only ones who even are keeping tabs on Muppets Kitchen, let alone watching it. We most likely won't be seeing Angelo after this, and Im guessing the series won't be lasting past the spring. As Frogboy said, it's just another footnote. The fact people can make endless pages obsessing over this character just makes us look kind of pathetic:stick_out_tongue:

Anyways, as people been saying...sit back and enjoy. We have new Muppet skits and zaniness, what's too complain? Heck I downloaded all the youtube, muppets.com and Muppets kitchen videos and now have endless hours of new modern Muppet material to enjoy. No reason to be complaining...remember the 2000-2007 period where we didn't have much of anything?