The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Duke Remington

Reaction score
If you've listened to the latest MuppetCast you'll here alot more about Muppets Kitchen then before! With the cutaway segments, we'll be getting loads more! They actually want to keep all those in there! When they were writing Muppets Kitchen they wanted to make it with TMS level of humor, that's why we have Gonzo falling into cheese, Bear on Patrol, and Frankfurterstien! This show may not be all that we hoped but we'll get some of the stuff we hoped for out of it! Sorry if that was cheesy!
Wonderful to hear.

Let's hope that future episodes will also continue to treat us to comebacks of other second-tier/background characters, including appearances by such old friends as Boppity, Gloat, Droop, Lenny the Lizard, Baskerville, Muppy, Rover Joe, Catgut, T.R. Rooster, George, Mildred, Dr. Phil van Neuter, Mulch, Seymour, the two Nigel's, Behemoth, Luncheon Counter Monster, Beautiful Day Monster, Gorgon Heap, Bean Bunny, the Koozebanians, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, etc.

Mupp

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't want to pick on other members, but Duke and Mupp have been taking every little thing a bit too seriously.
I'm really surprised that you mentioned me.
If one were to look back on this thread, I have not taken anything too seriously. Its been days since I've even posted here.

It was Duke's posts that brought to you say that in the first place. Not mine. So I don't know why you included me.

I'm all for constructive criticism. I'm well aware that people are iffy on Angelo. I know that. So was I. Not once have I insulted anyone here.
Actually, Drtooth, you are one of the few people who have offered constructive criticism about Muppets Kitchen. Most of the other posts have been like "I want Swedish Chef!"

FACT: Some of the criticism here has NOT been constructive;

Example: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=840433&postcount=93

Mupp

Reaction score
If you've listened to the latest MuppetCast you'll here alot more about Muppets Kitchen then before! With the cutaway segments, we'll be getting loads more! They actually want to keep all those in there! When they were writing Muppets Kitchen they wanted to make it with TMS level of humor, that's why we have Gonzo falling into cheese, Bear on Patrol, and Frankfurterstien! This show may not be all that we hoped but we'll get some of the stuff we hoped for out of it! Sorry if that was cheesy!
I just listened to that Muppetcast and what they have to say about Muppets Kitchen, (including some of the reasoning behind Angelo) and yes, its really interesting stuff, everyone here should listen to it! :smile:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
FACT: Some of the criticism here has NOT been constructive;

Example: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=840433&postcount=93
Typical Frogster. :rolleyes:

Also, I never said I was against constructive criticism. I'm all for it. I guess I'm probably just a little bit jaded by there being way too many overly-biased and one-sided critiques, hatred, bashing and irrational thinking all over the world wide web (case in point: Disney sites and forums like MiceAge/MiceChat, WDWMagic, Laughingplace.com, etc.) that it can get difficult to decipher what is being constructive criticism and what isn't (especially when you have a lot of folks on the boards, blogs, etc. constantly regurgitating things that have already been said so many times that it has already gone beyond the point of being annoying and into the realm of being completely intolerable, such as all the aforementioned "Where's the Swedish Chef? I want the Swedish Chef!" nonsense). The internet is such a crazy place and it can drive a person batty! :batty:

Mupp

Reaction score
I'm all for it. I guess I'm probably just a little bit jaded by there being way too many overly-biased and one-sided critiques, hatred, bashing and irrational thinking all over the world wide web (case in point: Disney sites and forums like MiceAge/MiceChat, WDWMagic, Laughingplace.com, etc.)
I know what you mean. These days I ignore all of those boards.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know what you mean. These days I ignore all of those boards.
I don't understand it, but there's a lot of irrational Muppet hatred at Disney boards.

Heck, as a Muppet fan I'll critique the frog out of things including this project, but if it were available on DVD I'd buy it! Studio DC too, but mostly it would keep my dusty copy of Kermit's Swamp Years company. :smile:

Nonetheless, we know that there's much more goodness to come on a larger scale. It's so cool to see Muppet items in the Disney Store! :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
so many times that it has already gone beyond the point of being annoying and into the realm of being completely intolerable, such as all the aforementioned "Where's the Swedish Chef? I want the Swedish Chef!" nonsense). The internet is such a crazy place and it can drive a person batty! :batty:
Here's my thoughts again.

To have a cooking show withOUT the Chef, an iconic character like that, would be as counter intuitive as having a Muppet educational science show without Bunsen or Beaker. But I can't stress enough that the Chef wouldn't work (or at least wouldn't be funny) under those circumstances, and I'm sure they played with the idea of having him be the assistant, only to realize the same. Though, again I state having him show up at the end of the program for his own cooking segment (things taken too literally, things blowing up, things attacking him) would indeed work... just add another minute to the show. Sitting through a commercial for an extra minute's worth of footage doesn't make sitting through the commercial as worth while as it should be. That's almost as bad as having to sit through commercials just to see the end credits when they say "More to come." That's the only thing that really still bugs me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts again.

To have a cooking show withOUT the Chef, an iconic character like that, would be as counter intuitive as having a Muppet educational science show without Bunsen or Beaker. But I can't stress enough that the Chef wouldn't work (or at least wouldn't be funny) under those circumstances, and I'm sure they played with the idea of having him be the assistant, only to realize the same. Though, again I state having him show up at the end of the program for his own cooking segment (things taken too literally, things blowing up, things attacking him) would indeed work... just add another minute to the show. Sitting through a commercial for an extra minute's worth of footage doesn't make sitting through the commercial as worth while as it should be. That's almost as bad as having to sit through commercials just to see the end credits when they say "More to come." That's the only thing that really still bugs me.
That and they initially used the image of the Swedish Chef (and only the Swedish Chef) to promote the show. It makes sense for people to be confused. I'd at least like to see him participate more...maybe make it seem like he's there on an executive level because they don't want him to cook. :hungry:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
The more I think about it, I actually wish Angelo was a Sesame Street character. I could see so many sketches with him and Cookie Monster... or even Mr. Johnson.
It'd be funny, actually, if he were really Charlie, but uses another name in public because of the bad PR Waiter Grover always gives the restaurant, LOL.

Mupp

Reaction score
I don't understand it, but there's a lot of irrational Muppet hatred at Disney boards.
Sad. :cry:

Of course, there are some individuals who are both fans of Disney and the Muppets!

Such as myself. :smile:

And unless I'm off my guess, so is Duke. :cool: