The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Mupp

Reaction score
Here's a Disney article about the Muppets Kitchen;

http://disney.go.com/disneyfans/insider/article/20101019

"What's Cat's favorite part of doing the webisodes? "Having fun with the Muppets! I adore them and we've gotten to be really good friends. Aside from creating some really great memories, it's just fun cooking with them. My kids love it, and I know all the families in America are going to love them too." Muppet Pepe the King Prawn pipes in, "The great thing about 'The Muppets Kitchen' is that it's like having Cat Cora come into your house and cook for you. How incredible is this?""

rexcrk

Reaction score
It was cool seeing Andy and Randy again. I've never actually had a problem with them, mostly because I grew up watching them on Muppet Classic Theater lol.

I'm really liking this cooking show! :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like Andy & Randy in small doses and this was a perfect example of that. They really are beautifully designed puppets. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I really like the new ones, the writings much tighter, Cat seems to have gotten more into it and its a great way to introduce viewers to the wider Muppet family.

My only gripe is still Angelo. Ugly puppet, unlikeable bland character, and hate the live hands on him (at least with Swedish Chef they usually use textured gloves now). I just don't get why Kermit or Swedish Chef couldn't have played that part. Someone made a poor decision, and it wasn't implemented well even then.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really like the new ones, the writings much tighter, Cat seems to have gotten more into it and its a great way to introduce viewers to the wider Muppet family.

My only gripe is still Angelo. Ugly puppet, unlikeable bland character, and hate the live hands on him (at least with Swedish Chef they usually use textured gloves now). I just don't get why Kermit or Swedish Chef couldn't have played that part. Someone made a poor decision, and it wasn't implemented well even then.
I completely agree. The show has gotten better, but the replacement chef is just a bad concept if it can't reach an avid fan like me. All of the Muppet performers are extremely talented - superstars of their profession so it’s not for lack of talent. Brian Henson made the rather run-of-the-mill monkey puppet into the much beloved Sal so I don’t think it’s just the bland design either. I find myself focusing on the other Muppets - even Andy & Randy – for Muppety value. Still, each time I tune in there’s this hope that something spectacular will happen to inspire me to like this new character. He has gotten a little better, but it’s still a miscalculation in my book. If the Swedish Chef were hosting this with Cat it would be an internet sensation. There’s no need for the puppet paired with her to be intelligible since Angelo seldom adds anything important to her recipes. If it were up to me I'd phase out Angelo and phase in the Swedish Chef. :hungry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There’s no need for the puppet paired with her to be intelligible since Angelo seldom adds anything important to her recipes. If it were up to me I'd phase out Angelo and phase in the Swedish Chef. :hungry:

Eh, you don't watch many cooking shows, do you? I'm serious... a good half (and I might be underestimating) have some assistant (sometimes even the host) stand there and do nothing while someone else cooks, asking only inane questions and only contributing REALLY bad and forced jokes. Though, if the character's supposed to be a parody, the satire is pretty subtle in that aspect.

HOWEVER, what they did in the last 2 episodes with the character quite improved what they had... he showed a tiny bit of contempt for other characters and their incompetence (Andy and Randy especially... but also Beau), and the fact that he himself screwed up and made a huge sandwich and spent the entire rest of the segment cowering, nervous and twitchy, even taking it personally that it was a failure really gives the character something besides the "I'm here for some reason" borderline Marty Stu-ishness.

As I said, I actually don't want to see the Swedish Chef unless he has no filter. I don't want to see some watered down role where he's basically the dummy cook, handing her the wrong ingredients and muttering mock Swedish asides. I want to see the same culinary catastrophes that made him so funny in the first place. That doesn't mean he can't fit in. I'd like to see another minute added on to the show where he takes the recipes too literally and gets clobbered by them. So, the best choice for co host would either be Kermit or any rotation of him, Gonzo, Fozzie, and (what the heck, if they can get David for a little bit) Scooter. And make Angelo the incompetent side kick or something.

Mupp

Reaction score
Yes, I'd say that Angelo is improving.

It was cool to see Andy and Randy again. And it may have been my imagination, but they seem to be a tad smarter now. :coy:

I still don't understand why some people don't like Angelo from a design perspective. He has a Muppet look. (the nose for instance) And there are hundreds of Muppets that don't have eyes and look similar to him.

The Swedish Chef will probably make more appearances in future episodes, but Angelo is obviously not going away. So to be frank, people are just going to have to deal with it. Again, he does seem to be improving.

And I still stand by this post;
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=841322&postcount=152

Luke

Reaction score
I still don't understand why some people don't like Angelo from a design perspective. He has a Muppet look. (the nose for instance) And there are hundreds of Muppets that don't have eyes and look similar to him.
.. as main characters though?

It's just an ugly puppet - horrible colour that looks bad on camera, very basic design for a main player, skin is more yellow than Swedish Chef so the live hands look more noticeable. You put it next to the beautifully defined classic Muppets with their strong characters and the contrast makes it looks even worse. And then it has as much personality as a limp stick of celery so it can't even be saved that way.

I'm sure they could have done better.

Anyone see this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV69KWgxTHk

Cat calls Fozzie "Fonzo" lol. She's getting better tho, least she knows its Pepe and not PeePee.

Drtooth

Reaction score
.. as main characters though?

It's just an ugly puppet - horrible colour that looks bad on camera, very basic design for a main player, skin is more yellow than Swedish Chef so the live hands look more noticeable. You put it next to the beautifully defined classic Muppets with their strong characters and the contrast makes it looks even worse. And then it has as much personality as a limp stick of celery so it can't even be saved that way.
And yet, we have Miss Mousy! :insatiable:

If she didn't look like she stepped out of the 17th century, she wouldn't look that horrible. But I've yet to see a Muppet that looks as ugly as her... and uh... the first season of AM's on Sesame Street. Angelo doesn't come close... but I still think he should have been blue. Like a light blue or something. Something for camera friendly.