The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Duke Remington

Reaction score
For the purposes of this little web series, I think that Angelo is fine.

Again, the Swedish Chef has appeared in one episodes so far, and he could very well appear future episodes. (Regardless of whether the are in-the-can or not)

Let's be realistic here folks; The Muppets Studio OBVIOUSLY thought of the Swedish Chef when this Muppets kitchen idea came up. (Who wouldn't?)

But for whatever reason, it was deemed that a new chef character be created. This is not necessarily a miscalculation. They most likely have their reasons for making this decision, and the decision was probably not taken lightly.

The very fact that the Swedish Chef has appeared in one episode so far means that they still care about him.

Clearly Angelo will only appear in this web show, and it is likely that the Swedish Chef will appear again in the future, possibly in a bigger role.

Let's just hope for the best. I don't that kids are going to get confused.

Kids today still know who Big Bird is, and if kids today still know who Big Bird is (despite Elmo being a little ham and getting more screen time) then we don't need to worry about kids forgetting about the Swedish Chef or not knowing who he is.
My thoughts exactly.

Cat Cora and the Muppets are a great team--they even did a "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" commercial together, for crying out loud.

Time to stop all this bickering and just sit back, relax and enjoy this series for what it is.

Convincing John

Reaction score
To quote Rowlf in the Ideal Muppet dolls commercial, "What kind of an attitude is that?"
Anyone who gets a chance to work with the Muppets should at least take the time to get their names right! Come on.

It's just as annoying as that news clip from CBS with the whole Katy Perry thing. After the clip, one anchorman claims (promises us, in fact) that Miss Piggy wore outfits like that all the time on Sesame Street. "Check the archives and you will see." he said. Yeah, check all the archives you want, pal. You won't find her.

It's like people who say "I love the Muppets! Jim Hensen is cool! He does Beeker's voice, right? That chef on Sesame Street rox too! He goes 'borp borp borp!' ROFL!"

:rolleyes:

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone who gets a chance to work with the Muppets should at least take the time to get their names right! Come on.
I gotta see these when I have the time and all, but that was a big no no in my book. I've said it before, even though she does apparently have a good sense of humor, my problem with the Muppets Cooking with Cat Cora is the Cooking with Cat Cora part. I gotta say, I'm probably one of the few that actually dig Angelo...

But getting a Muppet name wrong (unless it's part of a joke) to a Muppets face is... well... face palm. :sing:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I gotta see these when I have the time and all, but that was a big no no in my book. I've said it before, even though she does apparently have a good sense of humor, my problem with the Muppets Cooking with Cat Cora is the Cooking with Cat Cora part. I gotta say, I'm probably one of the few that actually dig Angelo...

But getting a Muppet name wrong (unless it's part of a joke) to a Muppets face is... well... face palm. :sing:
The seems to be nervous and stuttering for a bit. It happens. I doubt she thinks his name is Fonzie.

I'm still not impressed with Angelo in these clips. I suppose he's intended for young children, but Elmo has more edge than this guy. I just can't get behind him. I gave him some eyes and tried to make him friendlier, but don't think I'll ever like the guy. Both versions are a little creepy.

On a positive note, I'm looking forward to future new Muppets that grow more organically as characters. A weekly half-hour program would give the Muppets that ability. Let's hope that happens down the line. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I would've made him blue...

And French...

and overly emotional...

and a lousy cook that actually can't come up with anything unless he uses someone else's recipe.

Nick22

Reaction score
well i don't think we'll ever be seeing angelo outside of the muppets kitchen with cat cora. so i don't think we needa worry about it.