The Muppets Kitchen with Cat Cora

Oscarfan

Reaction score
She's definitely channeling Miley Cirus with her last line.

zns

Reaction score
It's good that they want to bring a new character in. Also, I don't think they're going to use him to replace the Swedish Chef. The Chef is too much a part of the Muppets and one of Jim's best loved characters. In other words, I don't think there's anything to be afraid of. :hungry:

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
This looks cool, I'm actually looking forward to them developing this guy! :3

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is such a miscalculation.

I understand that the Swedish Chef can't really converse with Cat or the viewers - but maybe give him a sidekick as a mouthpiece. A penguin, rat or one of the main cast would do just fine.

You've kind of got one-good-shot with web media and this Angelo character will keep most people from even giving it a chance. I'm not sure who's performing the new chef in this clip, but it doesn't appear to be part of the regular core cast of Muppeteers.

Heck, I'd like Mr. Poodlepants over Angelo, but as fans we should give him a chance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... yeah, it is hard to tell with a 30 second clip with someone basically saying 2 lines. The character could be a LOT better than what we're seeing here. From what I can guess, they wanted someone who's also a straight man for whatever wacky Muppet surprises could pop up. He could just as easily be as insane as most of the others. I could easily see him apologetically screwing things up and getting easily frazzled.

When you think about it, the Swedish Chef is a little on the nose. And he's been the focus of a LOT of these virals. But he is a very integral character to the Muppet Brand. And who's to say he won't show up at a later date?

All and all, this is a wait and see thing, because... well... there's so little to go on with a 30 second trailer. Angelo may be a terrible character, or a very good one. We just can't be sure until we see the final, full length project.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I will admit to finding Angelo's visible chest hair a little disturbing. :eek:

Mupp

Reaction score
All and all, this is a wait and see thing, because... well... there's so little to go on with a 30 second trailer. Angelo may be a terrible character, or a very good one. We just can't be sure until we see the final, full length project.
I agree!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Which I am so excited for! This webseries will probably be fantastic! I hope Rizzo decides to come do it, in all the pictures and promos I've seen so far for it, I haven't seen Rizzo yet! The rats, but not Rizzo!:shifty::smile: