Kermit Replica Assistance Needed!

Animal31

Reaction score
Yes, they are 35mm - I think they look about the right size.

I agree with you about the eye height. Do you feel like the crease on either side of his mouth is too big? Should it be more like option #2?
I think the top looks great, not sure how you could lose the crease on the bottom, maybe give the bottom a little more width around the mouth plate?

For the pupils, I used velcro strips cut into the pupil shape.

But all in all, well done!

TML

Reaction score
Definitely the 3rd one. He looks great. Once the pupils are on, he will seem so alive!

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Great, thanks everyone! I just got back from vacation and am now hard at work on getting puppet building accomplished before school starts up next week!

I did try cutting pupils with electrical tape (pictures coming soon) but had some difficulty getting them all uniformly cut. By this I mean, I can't use a stencil (I don't think?) and tape isn't necessarily the easiest thing in the world to cut - any ideas?

BTW - I'll be building Ernie next, so stay tuned for that exciting tip thread :smile:

Animal31

Reaction score
I did try cutting pupils with electrical tape (pictures coming soon) but had some difficulty getting them all uniformly cut. By this I mean, I can't use a stencil (I don't think?) and tape isn't necessarily the easiest thing in the world to cut - any ideas?
:smile:
I would honestly use the velcro, much easier (plus thicker) to cut through. Plus you can draw it out on the paper back side.... :smile:

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Your Kermit looks great! can i ask, what did you make your Miss Piggy sculpting out of, it looks amazing.

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
TML that looks incredible! I'll probably try your way over the velcro - it looks like it will leave a less fuzzy texture for what should be as smooth as the rest of the eye. Do you happen to have a picture of the final draft pattern for Kerm's collar that you'd be willing to share?

TML

Reaction score
Piggy is sculpted out of oil clay. Um, I am away for the labor day holiday, but I will look and see if I still have the kermit collar pattern.