Disney Takes Muppet Script Through Pixar

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
I'm all for Pixar taking a look at the script. This is great. I can't wait for the movie. As others have said, this is keeping my faith that the movie will be great.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Judging from what was said in the article, most of the guys over at Pixar are muppet fans already and I believe will do them justice.
I agree the film's in good hands. I wish the Fraggle film got this kind of input. It probably would get made if they passed the script to various Fraggle writers and actors like that. I'm not concerned at all, and I know that they've been called specifically to punch up things here and there. After all, THEY know how to make a movie.

Though I do wonder what Bolt would have been like if it was made as it. But they did totally salvage the Tinkerbelle movies, I hear.

Mupp

Reaction score
...After all, THEY know how to make a movie.

Though I do wonder what Bolt would have been like if it was made as it. But they did totally salvage the Tinkerbelle movies, I hear.
Its hard to say.
But I'm positive that any creative changes made to the original idea were done for the good of the story. John Lasseter feels that story is the most important thing. He doesn't mess around.
Clearly it was determined that the early story was not going in the right direction, so changes had to be made.

This isn't the first time that this kind of creative/director change has happened. It also happened early on with Pixar's Ratatouille.

In the end, BOLT was a good movie and that's all that matters.
I'm very glad that John Lasseter was the executive producer on the film.

As for the Tinker Bell movie. Its true. The movie was very close to being a disaster, as evident by the deleted story reels on the DVD.
One deleted idea had Tinker Bell drowning her sorrows by stuffing her face with basket after basket of muffins.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Well, if this is the case, I'm just hoping that this doesn't mean it will be CGI. Don't get me wrong, I loved Toy Story 3, but it would just be hard to watch a Muppet movie without the puppetry.

Mupp

Reaction score
Well, if this is the case, I'm just hoping that this doesn't mean it will be CGI. Don't get me wrong, I loved Toy Story 3, but it would just be hard to watch a Muppet movie without the puppetry.
Oh come on now, don't be silly. :smile:

The Muppets film will NOT be CGI. End of story.

ploobis

Reaction score
Long as they don't turn it into a full CGI movie :smile:

But something that has substance with a good story and some heart, I'm all for it.
THANK YOU!

CGI will never replace puppetry! But what are your feelings about Henson's Digital Puppetry from Sid The Science Kid?

Anyway, I'm sure they'll make a great movie with The Muppets! :wink:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
CGI will never replace puppetry! But what are your feelings about Henson's Digital Puppetry from Sid The Science Kid?
Got that right! I've only seen Sid the Science Kid once, although did anybody see the Henson episode of Science of the Movies on The Science Channel? The process of it is so amazing!

Nick22

Reaction score
the new muppet movie will be AMAZING! pixar is AMAZING! im so excited!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Just to clear the waters... there is NO chance of the new Muppet movie being CGI. Any and all rumors or quandaries of that should be immediately dispelled. Pixar is ONLY helping with the story element of the script, nothing else. Fear not!