Muppets Animal keepsake ornament 2010

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
picked up mine yesterday... would it be "wrong" to put out a Christmas ornament in July?:wink:
Not at all. Christmas all year long!

Does Animal's hair look more red in person? He appears very pinkish on-line.

Drtooth

Reaction score
picked up mine yesterday... would it be "wrong" to put out a Christmas ornament in July?:wink:
Not if you actually want one. If you wait until Christmas, chances are, it's not gonna be there anymore. These tend to sell fast.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
More tidbits about Beaker from another forum...
Beaker's mouth has motion! Yup, he will open and close his yap and sing, as only Beaker can, "Ode to Joy." The metronome on the table also moves back and forth. Sounds like a winner!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Click the link on this page to see video footage of the Animal figural ornament. :halo:

It appears that Disney has pinned down a pink PMS color for Animal's fur. We know that some of it is pink, but the overall look of Animal's wild plumage is much more red in hue. I have a feeling this will be the permanent color of Animal in all non-puppet appearances.

At least they have decided on a particular purple PMS for Gonzo's nose, even though it's a little too purpley. I guess the Muppets are going to look a little more candy-coated in color in drawn or product form. I can't disagree with them becuase the Mouse is the master at this sort of marketing.

I'm tickled they're adding motion to the new Beaker ornament. This is the kind of figure many fans have wanted for years and what a perfect song for an ornament!

My guess for the 2013 ornament character after Beaker will either be Rowlf playing at his piano or they'll go to some sort of classic heavy-hitter like Fozzie or Gonzo. I do wonder what they'd do with Pepe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It appears that Disney has pinned down a pink PMS color for Animal's fur. We know that some of it is pink, but the overall look of Animal's wild plumage is much more red in hue. I have a feeling this will be the permanent color of Animal in all non-puppet appearances.

At least they have decided on a particular purple PMS for Gonzo's nose, even though it's a little too purpley. I guess the Muppets are going to look a little more candy-coated in color in drawn or product form. I can't disagree with them becuase the Mouse is the master at this sort of marketing.
But it seems like it was always the case. Animal was always some pink fuzzy (as opposed to furry, which denotes more and longer hair) lollipop. But a Purple Gonzo nose sounds fine, since I'm used to seeing Muppet Baby-esque light blue noses.

Oh... Seems like, instead of archival recordings, they got Eric Jacobson to record new grunts and shouts. Not that it really matters for me, but in case anyone is wondering.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
My guess for the 2013 ornament character after Beaker will either be Rowlf playing at his piano or they'll go to some sort of classic heavy-hitter like Fozzie or Gonzo. I do wonder what they'd do with Pepe.
my gf and i were in the mall friday night and went into the hallmark store in there and i thought the Animal ornament would have moved cause it almost looked like it would...oh well :smile: i bought it and the Nightmare before Christmas Jack too! :smile: its sooo cool that the 2011 Beaker WILL move :eek:

beaker

Reaction score
Click the link on this page to see video footage of the Animal figural ornament. :halo:

I'm tickled they're adding motion to the new Beaker ornament. This is the kind of figure many fans have wanted for years and what a perfect song for an ornament!

Wait, you saying Beaker won't come out til Christmas of 2011? :frown:

I was hoping he'd be released this year. I actually greatly prefer the look of Muppets in figural form with this aforementioned style(as Hallmark has been doing) than the Palisades look; but then again Im a big fan of bright and cartoony.

I usually wouldn't pay $20 for an ornament, but I would for that Beaker one. Sounds amazing!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
My gf and I went to Hallmark lastnight and I picked up my Muppet Animal ornament..the LAST one too (tho im sure they"ll stock more..) and picked up a "Nightmare" Jack Skellington aswell! :smile: