Send Dr. Loretta Long Your Stories for Her Book

StreetScenes

Reaction score
Dr. Loretta Long is working on a new book, tentatively entitled “My Friends Still Call Me Susan”. She is compiling stories and pictures from viewers about their Sesame Street experiences. The book will be a collection of these stories along with many memories of her own.

You can e-mail your stories to Dr. Long at: myfriendsstillcallmesusan@gmail.com

She will also be creating a Facebook page for the project, and will be scheduling events in libraries in the New York / New Jersey area for people to come share their stories. Watch for more developments in this project, spread the word, and send her your stories!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
... So it's safe to assume that she's doing alright, then? Because we weren't hearing anything for a while there regarding her incident of being struck by a car.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
Yes, I saw her today at a library event in New Jersey (which is where I got the info), and she is fully recovered, and as cheerful and energetic as ever.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This is a good thing to hear about: both the book and that she's well.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Very cool on both fronts. I love the book title- that will be great to have some memories from one of the original cast members who's still there with the show. And of course, more importantly, I am glad to hear that Dr. Loretta Long is doing well and feeling good:super:.:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
... So it's safe to assume that she's doing alright, then? Because we weren't hearing anything for a while there regarding her incident of being struck by a car.
Well, someone mentioned on the other thread that she's doing much better. That post was pretty recent though.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yes, I saw her today at a library event in New Jersey (which is where I got the info), and she is fully recovered, and as cheerful and energetic as ever.
Whew! Thank goodness for that! I'm so glad she's better!

It's awesome she's writing a book! She's been there since day 1 of the Street, so she'd have a lot to tell! Fans would eat these stories right up! :insatiable: (Well, maybe not like that)...

As soon as I hear a release date, I'm going to run right out to Barnes and Noble and pre-order!

I did see in interviews online where Sonia Manzano and Bob McGrath are working on some memoirs too! I hope that they follow through and follow in Susan's...sorry, Dr. Long's footsteps.

Yeesh. If I ever met these people in person, I'd call everyone (except Bob) by the wrong name. After all these years, they're still "Maria", "Susan", "Gordon", etc. to me.

What kind of stories from fans is Dr. long looking for? Just memories of watching the show and stuff like that?

Convincing John

StreetScenes

Reaction score
What kind of stories from fans is Dr. long looking for? Just memories of watching the show and stuff like that?
yeah, that's what i gather. she said she got the idea because every time someone meets her they always tell her something they remember about watching sesame street or about what sesame street means to them. like "sesame street taught my son how to read" or "i remember watching x episode & thinking..." etc. so at this event, every time someone did that that, she said: "here's the e-mail address, i want you to write that story down and e-mail it to me so we can keep in touch."

she said something about the book being like a chicken soup for the soul kind of format--collection of anecdotes from viewers with their names by the stories, mixed with her own stories.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if any fans are going to use the e-mail or facebook to ask her trivial questions about the show (or Follow That Bird, or Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, etc.).

Kiki

Reaction score
I'm so glad that she's feeling better after the accident- what a relief. :smile:

It's awfully considerate for her to aknowledge the fans thoughts, too. How sweet.