New Henson GSN show: Late Night Liars

beaker

Reaction score
They have 50 Late Night Liars exclusive sketches online here(non game show portions)
http://www.youtube.com/user/PMZVideo

Holy goodness, that has to truly be the most adult/blue and "edgy" stuff Henson has done since 1975's Land of Gorch on SNL

And Im SO glad they are using the Joey orangutang puppet from the Late Night Buffet pilot! He reminds me of Buster and Me meets something from late 80's Henson/JHH.

ploobis

Reaction score
Since they only produced eight episodes of LNL I hope the GSN will ask for more episodes soon!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Since they only produced eight episodes of LNL I hope the GSN will ask for more episodes soon!
You guys, BobthePizzaBoy, and I seem to be the only ones who appreacite the show. For those of you who were complaining about it, do you think you might have liked it better if it had more experinced preformers then just Victor and Tyler? I admit, that would have been better, but I think these newcomers are very talented and funny, and I think they'll get better with more projects.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's not so much the performers as it is the matter of material and taste. If you don't like vulgar humor like that, and the shows provides a lot of it, it's not for them. To each their own, as they say.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's not so much the performers as it is the matter of material and taste. If you don't like vulgar humor like that, and the shows provides a lot of it, it's not for them. To each their own, as they say.
Okay. I get it. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of vulgar humor either. But when they make the jokes, coming out of a puppet, you just can't help but laugh. Especialy the Weasel. He's my favorite.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've often said this. Vulgarity CAN be funny if done right. There's a difference between a 5 year old kid shouting the same swear word over and over and over because he just learned it and thinks it's the coolest thing ever to drive people mad with, and very delicately placed and timed moments you don't expect. And somehow, I think this show is in between that. It is getting better from the clips I saw, but I think it needs a little more clever weirdness, like the stuff that comes out of the Weasel's mouth, and less drunken 30 year old humor. You can be both clever and vulgar at the same time.