Your Thoughts: Bert and Ernie’s Great Adventures DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I got the new Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures DVD, and while the press releases said it'd have 11 episodes, it actually has 13 (either there was a mistake, or somebody who matters changed their mind and put in more). I have afeeling that it might be the whole "first season", either by production order or broadcast order outside the states (Tiny Town, the first one to air on Sesame Street, is the third one that plays).

I guess we should be thankful that they didn't put the clay animated Elmo on the cover (as Elmo does appear in clay form in this DVD), unlike the cover of a certain 1985 movie that only showed him for a few seconds. But it's interesting that in the contents listing on the back of the box it lists "Wizards (with Elmo)". As if it weren't enough to put an image of Elmo from his appearance on the back of the box.

Oh, and Bert's "This is kind of kicky!" line remains in the openings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess we should be thankful that they didn't put the clay animated Elmo on the cover (as Elmo does appear in clay form in this DVD), unlike the cover of a certain 1985 movie that only showed him for a few seconds. But it's interesting that in the contents listing on the back of the box it lists "Wizards (with Elmo)". As if it weren't enough to put an image of Elmo from his appearance on the back of the box.
Ooh... ones that haven't aired yet. I will definitely pick this one up.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On the B&EGA DVD, it looks like if played all the way through, the opening only appears once, but the opening appears in all segments if selected individually (much like tha Fraggle Rock: Complete Animated Series DVD).

The DVD sort of has a credits sequence. Each segment (regardless of whether played individualy or if "play all" is selected) ends with a special credit stating that it was produced by Sesame Workshop along with some other company (can't remember what) and then lists the copyright credits and that's it (similar to the "credits" that appear at the end of the 40th anniversary DVD). Each segment begins with the title appearing on-screen, read by either Ernie or Bert.

Interestingly, both this and the Elmo's Rainbow DVD have one promo before the main menu starts, for Elmo's World: All About Faces. I'm surprised they don't contain promos for any of the more recent Sesame Street releases. There is a previews section, which only includes three DVDs, nothing too recent (it would be interesting to see a preview for Elmo's Rainbow, to see if the bonus clip is advertised in it).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The DVD sort of has a credits sequence. Each segment (regardless of whether played individualy or if "play all" is selected) ends with a special credit stating that it was produced by Sesame Workshop along with some other company (can't remember what) and then lists the copyright credits and that's it (similar to the "credits" that appear at the end of the 40th anniversary DVD).
Now that I watched the whole thing in one sitting, I saw that it does have a full end credits sequence at the very end. I was curious about whether it would have credits so I watched the last segment first, and like on the 40th anniversary DVD, if you select one segment it'll go back to the chapters menu after the segment ends.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And oddly, when you play the individual segments on their own as opposed to playing all, the individual episode title cards don't appear.