1992 Sesame Street trading cards?

Kiki

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else were familiar with these.

I don't know whether they came in packets with a certain amount in them (like most trading cards), because I got them when I was four one Christmas from a collectables shop and they (well over 100) just came in a plastic box.

They're from 1992 and at the back of each card it has a joke and a description of the picture on the other side. The pictures are of SSt characters at the zoo, the circus (the same pictures which you could find on some View-Master reels from the same year), with pets, counting things, etc etc.

I know they're not very old, but I'd like to know if anyone else is aware of these and if they're easy to come across. Thanks!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only trading cards I'm familiar with are the ones that you cut off the backs of the packages of the Fisher-Price/Tyco figurines from the 90s.

Wasn't there like some kind of Domino set from 1992 though?

Kiki

Reaction score
The only trading cards I'm familiar with are the ones that you cut off the backs of the packages of the Fisher-Price/Tyco figurines from the 90s.

Wasn't there like some kind of Domino set from 1992 though?
Hrrrrmm... I've never actually heard of the Domino set (although it's intresitng that they're from the same year), nor am I familiar with the FP/Tyco ones... which is odd, considering I bought most of my SSt stuff throught the mid/late 90s.

But I *DID* find the cards, on Muppet Wiki (trust me not to have a proper look, it was the first thing that came up when I googled "sesame street trading cards") : http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_trading_cards

I'm really glad I came across this, because now I know that they did -as I thought- come in packets.

Btw, if anyone knows any further info about these, regarding whether they're easy/hard to come across, etc please share. :smile:I'm also curious about how much they would cost for the entire set. I don't intend on selling them, I simply want to know as a collector. Thanks!

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I have the complete set of those! Got them at a comic convention in 1996, were you looking to get a set?

Kiki

Reaction score
I have the complete set of those! Got them at a comic convention in 1996, were you looking to get a set?
Oh, heehee, no, actually... I already have the complete set, thanks all the same. =) And I think I got them around the same time you did, too ('96, I reckon. Or '97). Did you buy the set in it's entirety or did you gradually have the whole set by buying an excessive amount of packets?

Cool to hear you got them from a convention, too. :smile:

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Awesome!
I saw a dealer selling the packs, so I bought one out of curiosity. I thought they were cute but I wasn't going to buy a ton of packs and put together a set, but if I saw a set I'd pick it up. I was with a friend and about ten minutes later we're at a dealer table and he holds up a set and saya: "Like this?" and laughs. I got it for only 5 or 6 bucks too!

Kiki

Reaction score
Awesome!
I saw a dealer selling the packs, so I bought one out of curiosity. I thought they were cute but I wasn't going to buy a ton of packs and put together a set, but if I saw a set I'd pick it up. I was with a friend and about ten minutes later we're at a dealer table and he holds up a set and saya: "Like this?" and laughs. I got it for only 5 or 6 bucks too!
Sweet! That's dirt cheap, too. I mean, today especially... I hate to think how much they'd cost. >< I wouldn't buy numerous packets either, that's understandable. Though I am partial to card collecting (such a 90s thing!). :smile:

Da Dogster

Reaction score
I own this set. I bought these back in 94 in a comic shop and I still have them in great condition.