BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, we have "What Made You Smile Today", "What Made You Frown Today", "What Made You Laugh Today", "I Did Something Stupid Today", "I Saw Something Weird Today", "How Are You Today" threads... we might as well have a "What Scared You Today" thread to go along with the lot.

Anyway, here's what scared me today, but the story sort of goes back to yesterday - as I was fixing lunch yesterday, I got to thinking about how there are songs out there where a loved one or a love interest's name is a part of the song (i.e. "Cathy's Clown", "Jenny (867-5309)", "Johnny Angel", "Along Comes Mary", etc), and I was thinking about surely there must be one song out there that has She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named's name in it?

So anyway, out of the clear blue today, my mom came up to me and told me to look for a certain song by a certain 80s group that would answer that exact question... that really kinda freaked me out a bit, because I never said anything about it, but again, I was thinking about that yesterday, and for her to mention it today, it's almost like she's reading my mind. O.O

EDIT: Okay, I found the song, but I'm not sure if it counts on a technicality (the names are spelled differently).

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Huge fire at a factory somewhere fairly close. Might have to evacuate. :eek:

APRena

Reaction score
Really minor example compared to the last two, but I was reading-- by the window, waiting for someone, and they come up to the window all close to my face and knock on it. :eek::eek::eek:

I'm a naturally jumpy person, okay?

Kiki

Reaction score
This didn't scare me as such, it just surprised me a bit at first. When I logged onto Deviantart last night I noticed that my avatar had changed into "Team Seeker", so I thought that my account had been hacked into! :eek: So dumb of me, I know, but I was like, "ohmygoodness- how did this happen? Why would somebody do this?". xD After scrolling down I realised that everyone's avatar and signiture had changed into something Gaga or Twilight related (I would've prefered a Gaga one :stick_out_tongue:)... I totally forgot about April Fool's Day, so obviously it was a joke, I was just... very slow. :stick_out_tongue: Oh, my sides are splitting as we speak...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Inside Edition had a segment on their show today about the Alcatraz-esque island outside Seattle where violent sex offenders are relocated to a facility permanent after they had finished their prison sentences.

Anyshoe, they were interviewing some of the offenders who were sent there... and one of them actually looked an awful lot like Caroll Spinney. :eek:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Does anyone remember that episode of Arthur where they all got an irrational fear of squirrels after watching that horror movie? Well, even if you don't, this is something somewhat similar that happened to me this weekend.

So, there's this show on Animal Planet called Lost Tapes inspired by "hidden animals" such as Sasquatch or the Jersey devil. On Friday night I stay up late watching this show, one episode involving a couple on an island who gets killed by giant centipedes.

The next night, it's about 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning and my thoughts are a bit unclear from being tired yet still not quite able to fall asleep. I'm in the kitchen, and I just see a centipede crawling across the floor, and all I can think of as I stand still in shock for about half a minute is that show. (Like I said, though, it was late at night and I could hardly think straight.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gotta love them hundred-legged insects that do nothing but bug you.

Kinda reminds me of years ago when I was on special medication that gave me paranoia... and watching documentaries on El Chupacabra during that period didn't help either, lol.

dmoss

Reaction score
Medication that causes paranoia? Surely it was a side effect, and not the chosen reaction? :big_grin:

So, this morning I woke up at the end of a strange dream (it was odd, but not scary in any way), and screamed when I woke up. I don't know what the deal was, but apparently my sub-conscious thought it was something creepy!

APRena

Reaction score
The head-turny priest-looking things in the booths from Dr. Who. :eek: Didn't help that I watched it at like midnight. "They see everything, no one dares to go near them..." *shudder*

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
We had a talent show at school, and there was this one girl who was dancing to a creepy/horror-type sounding instrumental tune that I think was called "The Spider" or something. :scary: At one point during the dance, she lifted one of her legs straight up against her back and thrust her head back very quickly. When she moved her head back, there was a loud crunching noise. :eek: It was just part of the music, she didn't die or break anything, but it really startled me.

Oh well, we already did the concert by now, so the band teacher let us have a free day and I just spent the hour talking about how attractive the girl in question was with a guy friend in the class. All better now. :wink: