What would be your "Ultimate Poser?"

Animal31

Reaction score
Because I cant settle for one, the "Ultimate" poser for me would be a base poser that you could turn into any Muppet character.However, that would be pretty much impossible because of the different sizes and different base shapes.The base skellington would have to have interchangeable heads, height adjustment(including arms and legs), and throw over skins-so if you want Rowlf or Fozzie,etc.Or if you wanted Swedish chef, Statler,Waldorf,Bunsen,Beaker or Sam-then you put the appropiate head on.This will probably never see light of day, but one can dream.
You could use the extra skins and turn them into puppets! What do you think the chances would be of them ever releasing actual "muppets" instead of posers?

Animal31

Reaction score
I would LOVE to have Waldorf and Statler, Ernie and Bert, Grover and The Count.

The Electric Mayhem, Fozzie, Crazy Harry, Camilla and Scooter would be really great too.

Right now, I think Bunsen and Beaker would be my ULTIMATE dream posers.
I'd actually love to see an Elmo or Herry Monster...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You could use the extra skins and turn them into puppets! What do you think the chances would be of them ever releasing actual "muppets" instead of posers?

I'd actually love to see an Elmo or Herry Monster...
Welcome to the forum! :super:

It's a minor miracle these fantastic limited edition posers were made at all. I doubt the Henson Company would ever have approved such a thing, but Disney has permitted these replicas with one stipulation...that they will not be puppets. I can understand that they don't want a crop of homemade movies showing up on YouTube weakening the special Muppet magic. The posers are a different story.

Disney owns only the Muppet brand (Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, the Muppet films and the Muppet Babies). Sesame Workshop owns the Elmo and the Sesame Street gang and Henson owns the Fraggles. Accessing those characters requires a separate license and it’s unlikely that either company would allow posers to be made of them so we’ll have to be thankful for the Muppet ones right now. Still, it would be fantastic to have my own Oscar the Grouch! Oh, well.

A little history on the posers…the idea was originally pitched by Muppet performer and master puppet builder Terry Angus and he originally wanted to make the Kermit replica a puppet. He created the prototypes used by Master Replicas. Since that company went under the license has been taken over by EFX and a different team of artisans, but they’re still working with the official patterns. This really is an unprecedented product!

I'm still hoping for a Scooter or even a Dr. Teeth replica down the line, but that's probably wishful thinking. :big_grin:

Telly

Reaction score
I would fricken LOVE a SCooter replica!