Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Truly amazing Steve is really becoming my hero. He always was kind of, but now he is really steping up and doing a heck of a job as the frog.

muppet baby

Reaction score
so so wonderful i loved the apperance sooooooooooo much .

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Truly amazing Steve is really becoming my hero. He always was kind of, but now he is really steping up and doing a heck of a job as the frog.
I know what you mean. It seems that the guy was doing his own stunts. That's actually what I liked about hearing 'Just One Person.' That was the first song Steve's Kermit sang, so it's interesting to see how much his Kermit has improved since then.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know what you mean. It seems that the guy was doing his own stunts. That's actually what I liked about hearing 'Just One Person.' That was the first song Steve's Kermit sang, so it's interesting to see how much his Kermit has improved since then.
Your right i did not even think about that, but did Kermit sing? I thought he just walked in when everyone else was singing.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
you guys in the US are so lucky, is there any way we can see these clips? The UK was so good for Muppets way back when I was a kid now nothing...

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
you guys in the US are so lucky, is there any way we can see these clips? The UK was so good for Muppets way back when I was a kid now nothing...
You can find some clips on hulu.com. I can't find too many right off the bat but there are at least some.

spcglider

Reaction score
Its funny that someone mentions "stunts work"... it doesn't show in the footage they used, but Statler and Waldorf (Steve and Dave) were ACTUALLY about 25 feet off the ground in a scissor lift! Like I mentioned earlier, there's so much stuff that they shot (and multiple iterations of stuff) that didn't make the final cut. It truly is amazing how much work they did in their shoot days. And frankly, most everything they shot was just as funny as everything else, so it must have been sheer torture to have to choose which ones got lopped off and dropped to the cutting room floor.

The shots where Tracy is wearing the slinky little red dress holding the "flaming circle" deserve a special round of applause because it was COLD that day and she didn't bat an eyelash wearing that sequin-y skimp-fest. And she looked mighty good in it too! The director had to remind Pepe to ONLY grab her arm. NOT her torso. That would be just a little TOO risque' for Muppet prime time. LOL!

-Gordon

dwmckim

Reaction score
The Muppet-ized Extreme Makeover did even better than what i initially reported (i was just looking at the 18-49 demographic on the report i was looking at)

In its first half hour, ABC was third in its timeslot behind Football and 60 Minutes with over 10 million viewers. In its second half hour EM moved up to second place behind NBC's Football with over 11 million viewers.