Your Thoughts: The Muppets on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon"

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I'm so glad Rowlf is in it. I hope he's going to get a speaking part on The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Pepe was in place of Janice, Sam in place of Statler and Waldorf, and Rizzo in place of Floyd and Zoot, though Zoot didn't actually say anything first time around. Also in the John Denver version Fozzie did the same line forgetting bit. Of course this is the tv special version I am talking about, the CD version could be totally different.
Yeah. I think your right. In all honesty, I haven't been able to find my John Denver & the Muppet's CD so I can't really check that out. I don't think the CD version had Fozzie forgetting his lines. Also, I don't think I saw the TV version, so that must be what I'm missing. I do remember he had a different number this time around. (Seventh day rather than the second day.) I'll have to check out the older post here again and see who played what.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes the TV and CD versions are different. The CD was recorded first and then they decided "hey this is a really cool collaboration - let's expand this into a Christmas special!" When they recorded 12 Days for the special, they put Muppets in different parts and added gags (like Fozzie forgetting his lines).

I loved Zoot's sax parts on the original tv version - wish that could have been included in the cd or the remake.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I wanted to mention that they played the John Denver version on the radio last night so I heard that before I went to bed, I guess it's the CD version you hear on the radio. One correction I want to make to the Count's post was that on the John Denver version, it was Beauregard who sang verse 11, not Floyd. I guess his lines were replaced with Rizzo's on the Jimmy Fallon show.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
I loved this appearance so much. Not only were the outfits great (Piggy's hair was gorgeous) and it was wonderful to see Robin and others less featured, but the best part was the Muppets dancing over the credits to The Roots' music. I've never seen Kermit and Gonzo dance so FUNKY before. And the way Sam refused to dance and just shook his head at them all like they were crazy. It was perfect and so much fun.

6ftInchworm

Reaction score
What, no love for the dancing at the end of the show? That was hilarious (in a good way of course)! Makes me want to know who was puppeteering each one.

Frogster

Reaction score
Wow... totally new Robin personality there... he looked and sounded like a grumpy, fat toad.