Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Not sure if I mentioned this before on this thread, but I'm rather ticked off that my Muppet Show poster has Pepe on it. They had Rowlf on it, though, if that counts for anything, but they could have put Scooter on it instead, or maybe even Rizzo would be less annoying because they actually had rats on the show.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
Not sure if I mentioned this before on this thread, but I'm rather ticked off that my Muppet Show poster has Pepe on it. They had Rowlf on it, though, if that counts for anything, but they could have put Scooter on it instead, or maybe even Rizzo would be less annoying because they actually had rats on the show.
Are you kidding me? No Scooter, but PEPE? I admit, he's had his moments, but Pepe is increaseingly irking me these days with his popularity...

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
Pepe should not have been in the Weezer video for "Keep Fishin'" either, if they were trying to re-enact The Muppet Show. HE DID NOT EXIST YET. Other than that, though, and Kermit instructing Fozzie to "hold down the fort" (wasn't that Scooter's job?), I don't think the video was a horribly inaccurate representation...

But, anyway. Annoying misconceptions. I was wearing my Animal shirt the other day (I feel like I've mentioned my Animal shirt in this thread before) and my friend asked me, "Where do you get your plethora of Sesame Street shirts?" I then, of course, had to explain that Animal was in no way associated with Sesame Street... Eh. Wasn't quite as annoying as that one time somebody thought he was Elmo...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Aw, Pepe's great. It's just that poor Pepe, Gonzo and Kermit have really been the main guys keeping Muppetdom going for so long and are all considered first string cast. No matter what, Pepe is not nor never will be near the all-eclipsing Elmo route. The Muppet Studios folk seem to understand better than the producers at Sesame Workshop that characters are best when they’re rotated out and it doesn’t work at all unless they’re paired with at least one other character. We’ll never have a Pepe’s World where he talks to camera and to himself. Pepe’s part of the gang and it’s almost like he’s always been there. I hope that there’s more of an even assortment of featured characters now that Scooter and the rest have been recast. I still want to see my Pepe a lot too. He’s injected so much life back into the brand. We should be thankful for him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pepe should not have been in the Weezer video for "Keep Fishin'" either, if they were trying to re-enact The Muppet Show. HE DID NOT EXIST YET. Other than that, though, and Kermit instructing Fozzie to "hold down the fort" (wasn't that Scooter's job?), I don't think the video was a horribly inaccurate representation...
Scooter was yet to be recast at that point. And I do not see how Pepe shouldn't have been in that music video, considering that he was a popular character at the time, and Bill wasn't quite adapt at Rowlf or Dr. Teeth yet. It would have been a shame for him to sit on the sidelines and just silently perform yet to be recast officially. Plus, I always feel that the Muppets are still around at their theater still performing shows... just without the celebrity guests. After all, that's what VMX was about.

As for Muppet Show posters, they have the ugly early 00's Miss Piggy head photoshopped in there, so I find that a lot more disturbing.

No matter what, Pepe is not nor never will be near the all-eclipsing Elmo route. The Muppet Studios folk seem to understand better than the producers at Sesame Workshop that characters are best when they’re rotated out and it doesn’t work at all unless they’re paired with at least one other character. We’ll never have a Pepe’s World where he talks to camera and to himself. Pepe’s part of the gang and it’s almost like he’s always been there. I hope that there’s more of an even assortment of featured characters now that Scooter and the rest have been recast. I still want to see my Pepe a lot too. He’s injected so much life back into the brand. We should be thankful for him.
Another thing, Pepe is barely on any merchandise, considering. Sure, we had a couple action figures on the Palisades line, that push puppet that used a similar sculpt, a Jack in the Box kids meal premium (a regional chain to boot) and unwinnable carny plush from Nanco that no one managed to actually have available. If anything, the connection between Elmo and Animal is apt, considering that Animal is ALWAYS on merchandise. Maybe moreso than Kermit.

I agree with that statement about Elmo. Of course, MS, unlike SW, cares quite a bit more about their adult fan base and doesn't have to cater to younger demographics that have hundreds of other (read: bad) kid shows stealing their spotlight. I no way has any Muppet project to date been half as Pepecentric as SS is Elmocentric. You do see a LOT of Beakers, Chefs, and Animals... but Pepe is used semi-regularly. Even in the comic book series, the TMS Comic Book never used MT characters (except for Andy and Randy that one time) and Pepe had pretty minor roles in the Classics line so far... and even then, I don't think anyone really had a handle on him until Muppet King Arthur, and especially Muppet Snow White.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A great interview overall, but I have to point out this "annoying misconception" that popped up in The Muppet Mindset's interview with Juliana Donald:

"I was doing a show Off-Broadway and had this last minute call back for the Muppet Movie. I had not watched Sesame Street and so was not aware how big the fan base was." :embarrassed:

Well, that's good you didn't watch Sesame Street. You weren't in a Sesame Street movie. You were in a Muppet Show movie. :stick_out_tongue:

Silly Jenny. I think she's just still giddy over getting the huggies from Kermit. :flirt:

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
My cousin thinks Statler and Waldorf are on Sesame Street :boo: :sleep:

beakerboy12

Reaction score
A great interview overall, but I have to point out this "annoying misconception" that popped up in The Muppet Mindset's interview with Juliana Donald:

"I was doing a show Off-Broadway and had this last minute call back for the Muppet Movie. I had not watched Sesame Street and so was not aware how big the fan base was." :embarrassed:

Well, that's good you didn't watch Sesame Street. You weren't in a Sesame Street movie. You were in a Muppet Show movie. :stick_out_tongue:

Silly Jenny. I think she's just still giddy over getting the huggies from Kermit. :flirt:
Hey, remember the Sesame Street cast was in the wedding scene, but I see what you mean.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
Pepe is popular?

:rolleyes: : Only with the ladies, okay!

XP I was surprised too. But almost everyone my age (13, 14, 15) says "Pepe! And Animal C:"

Today, I was talking about Sesame Street with someone. I mentioned that Grover is one of my favorites, and all I got was "...Who's Grover? The green one?" DXX UGH I wanted to facepalm!