Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Ugh...I was on Ebay, and one of the listed items was "Oscar 'I Hate Mornings' Tee-Shirt" and it clearly had an image of Animal on it.

Also, as quoted from Wikipedia:
The Muppet Janice (sometimes "Janis")
Seriously, was there any time on anything OFFICIAL in which her name was spelled that way?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just remembered one: When people complain Cookie Monster is now the Veggie Monster. I swear, in English earlier this year, 3 students just found out that were obsessed with it.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
On Halloween, when I wore my Super Grover costume everyone in my grade got to go down to my old elementary school where my mom works now. I stopped by the class she teaches in and all the kids thought I was Elmo. I told my mom about this later and she told me the bitter truth: Most younger kids don't watch PBS anymore, they go right to the Disney Channel. :eek:

Oh, and I was continually mistaken for Cookie Monster by just about everyone else except for most of my older classmates and teachers.

The whole Gonzo/Grover mix-up I've gotten pretty used to. Let's not deny it, the two puppets do look fairly similar (blue fur, wide eyes, close personality traits) despite the obvious differences (Gonzo's beak, Grover barely wears clothes, etc.).

It sends shivers down my spine that everyone blew the Veggie Monster thing out of proportion. Even when I tell people he still eats cookies, they don't believe me one bit. :insatiable:

Most people my age don't know about Kami, but when I mention her everyone I've talked to about it clearly supports the effort.

beaker

Reaction score
-Early episodes of Sesame Street inappropriate for today's children...with most of the blame going to Cookie Monster and Oscar
Oh Sesame Workshop put that label on their "old school" dvds themselves.

I guess, modern parents are horrified at the sight of inner city kids in real inner city neighborhoods or something.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I can excuse pretty much any mistakes from a little kid - hey, even a young girl who was either a huge Muppet fan and/or had a parent that was who had a chance to go up onstage on the Bonnie Hunt Show and see Oscar up close thought she was seeing Elmo (to which Oscar hilariously replied "I've never been so insulted in my life!")

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
First off- that's funny about Oscar on The Bonnie Hunt Show! lol:grouchy::smile:

And
They are made by the same people, and they do enjoy the occasional crossover segment (Movies, specials...etc.) but Miss Piggy's Sesame Street appearance was a picture on a desk. Same with Dr. Teeth's photo in the Upstairs/Downstairs skit.
Seriously? That's awesome! I knew about Miss Piggy's picture showing on a Sesame Street sketch, but I didn't realize Dr. Teeth's photo was in a sketch too! Cool! I will have to look this up now.:big_grin:

SkeksisGirl

Reaction score
The thing that bugs me the most is when people tell me that Jim Henson died of AIDS because he was gay... That makes me want to strangle them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing that bugs me the most is when people tell me that Jim Henson died of AIDS because he was gay... That makes me want to strangle them.
I've honestly never heard this until the other night, and I don't know who started that, but it's so obviously not true, because we all know that Jim married his high school sweet heart, had five kids, and even though they separated, they remained good friends... he's even dated Daryl Hannah.

AIDS relating to homosexuality is a bit of a stereotype anymore; I remember shortly after Dick Sargent (Darrin #2) came out, he was diagnosed with cancer, and was so afraid that people were going to assume he was dying of AIDS simply because he was gay - not everyone who's gay has AIDS, and not everyone who's gay and dies died of AIDS. It's sad that it's happened that way to some, including Richard, but it doesn't happen to everyone like that. In a way, that's like saying ALL obese people die of heart attacks/strokes, or ALL women die of breast cancer, etc.