Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

ohtherain

Reaction score
Whenever I talk about the Muppets with non-Muppet fans, someone will always butt in with "You know, Cookie Monster is now Veggie Monster." When I try to say "No, he's still Cookie Monster" they go "Have you seen him? He's orange." Do they mean Frazzle?

It's fairly annoying when people call Pepe "Peepee". Then again, not too many people know who he is anyhow, so I've only heard a few people say that.

Calling Dr. Bunsen Honeydew Beaker.

When you go to a store, you ask for any Muppet stuff, and the clerk says "Elmo?" No, Elmo is not the only Muppet...

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hey, Hoots warned him to put down the duckie
I laughed quite heartily reading that. Not so good at 7 in the morning with half the house still asleep.

Oh, and one that I find annoying is when people say that Rainbow Connection was written by Jason Mraz.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
08. Not knowing the names of Statler and Waldorf.
I had that problem for the longest time. The worst thing was, I couldn't remember which one was Statler and which was Waldorf. Of course I do now, but I have always been bad with names and faces. Even if those faces happen to belong to a Muppet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Statler and Waldorf don't often refer to each other by name or get called by name as much by the other characters - i'm sure a lot of big Muppet fans learned their names last.
I didn't learn their names last. That honor goes to A. Ligator, the announcer from Muppets Tonight. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Part of the time it's ignorance, but other times it may just be a regional/accent thing - i'm sure i've heard Brian Henson pull a few "Ralph"'s himself!
I've also seen it spelled "Rolf" alot too - which makes me think of rolling on the floor laughing, which I know abbriviates to ROFL, but still, it's close enough!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I kinda get annoyed when people pop in here and ask for merchandise of characters that never had merchandise and never will. I swear someone asked for merchandising of This Character[/quote], and I couldn't help but think... when? When did we ever see that character in merchandise? I know they mean well, but when people ask if a character was in any commercially available merchandise that doesn't exist... well, it gets me annoyed that it doesn't exist myself.

I think that was the worst one of all. Not so much the whole "Sesame Street is teaching AIDS" bullcrap that kept getting kicked around, but the whole notion that we're the only country that has problems, and ignoring the fact it was to educate people in Africa, where the disease spread wildly and is still a problem today. I don't wanna get into the whole thing, and we know what I'm talking about... it doesn't upset me just as a Muppets/Sesame Street fan... it upsets me as someone that genuinely cares that other people in less fortunate countries have these sorts of problems and no one wants to read the whole 2 inch article in the papers about it.

Mistaking the Muppet Babies for the classic Muppets when the subject is brought up.
I don't think I've ever had that problem... but I've been lucky myself. Again, every Saturday Morning, they actually re-ran olsd TMS episodes before the network took over and broadcast their cartoons... so I was able to see Muppet Babies and The Muppet show on the same day.

"such and such" Muppet Show character was from Sesame Street(personified by a recent The Office episode where Kevin Malone said "Swedish Chef is from Sesame Street) No, Gonzo was never on Sesame, though Sesame characters did routinely
cameo in both the Muppet Show and Muppet movies of the 70's and 80's.
I never liked that. That's like saying that Fred Flinstone was a member of the Scooby-Doo team, and not a general sense of something bigger. They are made by the same people, and they do enjoy the occasional crossover segment (Movies, specials...etc.) but Miss Piggy's Sesame Street appearance was a picture on a desk. Same with Dr. Teeth's photo in the Upstairs/Downstairs skit.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
For me:

-When my friend calls Animal "Monster"
-When people call S&W "the two old guys from the Muppet Show" My second grade teacher thought their names were "Heckle and Jeckle"
-When people call it "Elmo's Wolrd" instead of "Sesame Street"

Beauregard

Reaction score
-When people call S&W "the two old guys from the Muppet Show" My second grade teacher though their names were "Heckle and Jeckle"
Heckle and Jeckle! I love that! (I'm also thinking it would be awesome to see Statler and Waldorf as Dr Jekyl and Mr Heckle...HA!)

I spelt Statler as Stadler for years and years. I only learnt it when it was in MCC on the store-front. I also originally signed up to MC with the name: "Bovegard." *shudder*

-It annoys me when people think Elmo is a girl.
-It annoys me when people call the Swedish Chef, the Danish Chef (Yes, this happened :stick_out_tongue:)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I agree with the confusing characters from other shows thing... I remember several years ago when Animal Planet did a special counting down the top 50 TV animals of all time (Big Bird was 16, Kermit was 2); there was celebrity commentary, but half-way through the special, there was a brief segment where the celebrities talked about their specific favorites (Big Bird mentioned Snuffy was his favorite "am-i-nal") - David Hyde Pierce said "I like Animal on Sesame Street... you know, the *Immitates Animal*? That guy... between him or the Cookie Monster".