Question about Janice on Muppet Babies

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
How come the producers used a young version of Janice on the Whose Tale is it Anyway episode because I'm curious?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
How come the producers used a young version of Janice on the Whose Tale is it Anyway episode because I'm curious?
Why not?

Why did they add Bean Bunny to the cast in the later seasons?

Why is Statler and Waldorf sometimes shown?

Why did Kermit's nephew Robin make a few cameos?

Why did the actual Dr. Teeth muppet make a cameo in one episode? (Can't remember the name of that episode)

I mean I don't mean to sound rude or nothing, but what is there to be curious about? They wanted a Muppet toddler (not baby) that could read to the other babies and they choose Janice. I'm pretty sure that's probably the jist of it.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
That episode name with Dr Teeth in it was Muppets Not Included.
Seriously? Dr. Teeth (the Muppet) was on Muppet Babies? Cool!:big_grin:
I know Oscar the Grouch (Muppet form) also made a cameo in one episode too- hadn't heard of Dr. Teeth being on there until now though. It's nice to see all the various Muppet characters that did make an appearance on Muppet Babies in some form or another.

muppet baby

Reaction score
one thing that i find funny that i know for my self is the the fact that the big muppet babies fan that i am i do not remember dr teeth in the show and oscer in the show and sadlar and wordoft .:embarrassed:
i can not wait to see them some day does anyone know if they have those epsodes on youtube i have seen the one with janice on youtube and watched several times .

The muppet babies is my all time faverite cartoon bar none and always will be .:smile:

i also agree with yes they had a to have a todler jance to read to the babies .
That was really cool i think i wish she had been in more than one eposide .

Quesal

Reaction score
Oh how cool it would be to see baby versions of all the Mayhem members!

Drtooth

Reaction score
My why is why didn't they think of Baby Janice sooner, and not had to invent a character that doesn't exist in the muppet adult world? I mean, sure... she's older than everyone else...which makes sense, as the Mayhem band outside of Animal could be much older than the others... I could see Dr. Teeth even older than that, about 10 or so... like a big brother to the rest of them... same with Zoot and Floyd. it always seemed to me that Janice and Animal are the youngest members of the band.

I really wish she appeared in more episodes. Bean was possibly added under pressure from Henson to push Bean Bunny into the public eye (again, before Steve had been the continuation performer or Kermit)... If the series was made in 1999, I bet they would have made a Baby Pepe come out of nowhere. But I really liked Janice in that episode, and I really wish she was added sooner into the cast, to make it more female divers (even though 2 of the 3 girls were played by men).

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
THANK YOU! That was my main stick ever since Muppet Babies first came out! I was pretty Muppet savvy even as a little kid, and I kept wondering why they had to invent Skeeter. Why NOT Janice? Or Miss Mousie? I ruled out Annie Sue because she would have looked too much like Piggy.

(Later on, I wondered why Scooter was the one who needed a sister. Rowlf or Gonzo would have been cutel with a sibling! Or Fozzie, who's been known to have relatives!)

Janice out of all of them was a logical choice though. As for being older....not sure. In adult forms, Muppets like Miss Piggy and Kermit seemed much older than the Electric Mayhem crew, while Scooter seemed younger than the Mayhem.

Then again, their baby versions all lump them around 2 years old anyway, so who's counting at that point? :stick_out_tongue:

My why is why didn't they think of Baby Janice sooner, and not had to invent a character that doesn't exist in the muppet adult world? I mean, sure... she's older than everyone else...which makes sense, as the Mayhem band outside of Animal could be much older than the others... I could see Dr. Teeth even older than that, about 10 or so... like a big brother to the rest of them... same with Zoot and Floyd. it always seemed to me that Janice and Animal are the youngest members of the band.

I really wish she appeared in more episodes. Bean was possibly added under pressure from Henson to push Bean Bunny into the public eye (again, before Steve had been the continuation performer or Kermit)... If the series was made in 1999, I bet they would have made a Baby Pepe come out of nowhere. But I really liked Janice in that episode, and I really wish she was added sooner into the cast, to make it more female divers (even though 2 of the 3 girls were played by men).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
THANK YOU! That was my main stick ever since Muppet Babies first came out! I was pretty Muppet savvy even as a little kid, and I kept wondering why they had to invent Skeeter. Why NOT Janice? Or Miss Mousie? I ruled out Annie Sue because she would have looked too much like Piggy.

(Later on, I wondered why Scooter was the one who needed a sister. Rowlf or Gonzo would have been cutel with a sibling! Or Fozzie, who's been known to have relatives!)

Janice out of all of them was a logical choice though. As for being older....not sure. In adult forms, Muppets like Miss Piggy and Kermit seemed much older than the Electric Mayhem crew, while Scooter seemed younger than the Mayhem.

Then again, their baby versions all lump them around 2 years old anyway, so who's counting at that point? :stick_out_tongue:
I guess they really wanted a female Muppet who was really into sports and being active, which truthfully, none of the adult female muppets really fit that bill, that's just my guess though.

But yeh it makes sense that the Electric Mayhem band is older than Kermit and Piggy, like thier aging hipsters, :big_grin::sing::cool:.

Miss.Mousey would of been an odd choice because a) only the more knowledgeable Muppet fans know her and b) let's be honest, out of all the Muppet characters, she may have been arugably, the ugliest one. I can't image her being a good fit for a cute baby type.