Your Thoughts: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center

dwmckim

Reaction score
YAY! Even though it's not the copy i tracked down, i'm excited fans are finally seeing this!

Because i love Richard's Janice and especially when she would sing, i was SO nervous about what would happen when it came time for Janice to sing again (whoever was performing her) but i was so pleasantly surprised at how great David was singing as Janice i literally cried tears of joy. David truly is to Richard Hunt what Eric Jacobson is to Frank Oz; not only do they have similar sensibilities as their respective predecessors but their voices are so wonderfully similar! I know some people have a harder time than others hearing Richard's vocal qualities in David - but i think it's because they're thinking of 70's era Richard. Richard's voice in the mid-late 80's is very close to David's today (same reason why Frank's characters work so well vocally; Eric/David sound more like where Frank was when he left off than his more iconic 70's sound).

The EM is really truly back - and Lips being along for the ride is just the extra frosting on the cake.

blackaerin

Reaction score
i actually have a few nitpicks on Dr. Teeth.
Is it me, or does he seem a little bit...off to you?
don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to see him jamming and ripping up that keyboard, but it doesn't feel like he's all completely there.
i can't quite put my finger on it, but it's like he's less Muppety, and more puppety. i found myself getting quite distracted by him. (and not in the good way either)
i do hope that this is all in my imagination, i really do.
but if it isn't, i hope that Bill will fix whatever "hiccups" Dr. Teeth still has.

ohtherain

Reaction score
I know some people have a harder time than others hearing Richard's vocal qualities in David - but i think it's because they're thinking of 70's era Richard. Richard's voice in the mid-late 80's is very close to David's today (same reason why Frank's characters work so well vocally; Eric/David sound more like where Frank was when he left off than his more iconic 70's sound).
Completely agreed, I thought that he sounded a lot more like the Scooter and Janice that I had come to recognize in the later stuff like A Muppet Family Christmas and such. Such accuracy in the voice, though!

ONE HUNDREDTH POST!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who knew the Muppets could sing?
I agree. That's an insanely ludicrous statement, and if it wasn't an off the cuff remark, then whoever did the writing for it really is an unhappy and untalented individual. Maybe it's just one of the only guffaws that Levi made, unlike Jane, who clearly slipped into her 30 Rock character by introducing the wrong names for songs. The Muppets have ALWAYS been about music. Grammys or no grammys. Even in the early days they lipsynched to music.

Anyway, LOVING the comeback of the Mayhem and Lips. The good Doctor may not sound exactly like Jim, but he's as good as it gets. Floyd and Janice are just as good too. I really hope they found permanent recasts in Bill, Matt and Dave.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question. I know that the songs they sung come from the Christmas album, but when Jance and Floyd sung, did the audio come from the CD or did they re-record it? Because Floyd doesn't sound like Matt.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question. I know that the songs they sung come from the Christmas album, but when Jance and Floyd sung, did the audio come from the CD or did they re-record it? Because Floyd doesn't sound like Matt.
They re-recorded it. Floyd and Janice weren't on the original version on the CD, it was only Dr. Teeth.