Your Thoughts: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center

Erine81981

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? It's a video someone made when they were shooting the Muppets at Rockefeller Center. It's kinda like a behind the scene because you can see the preformers. It's pretty neat.

I watched a few days back trying to search for this after missing the night it aired. Enjoy!

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to know of any footage of the Electric Mayhem's performance yet? :sing::flirt: They didn't show it on our station. :cry:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Matt Vogel performing Kermit
Wait. I'm a little confused here. People liked Matt as Kermit? I thought after this Artie/Kesmit thing it was established that Steve was to be the only performer of Kermit. Or did you just mean Matt was doing the puppetry while Steve was performing Rizzo, then Steve looped in the voice for :smile: later on. Can someone help me understand this better?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I think it's just that Steve did the voice, while Matt did the performing.

That's really awesome that they all sang "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" which happens to be one of my favorite Christmas songs, and definitely my favorite song on the Red and Green Christmas album.

I'd love to see footage of the Electric Mayhem!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fans don't object to the stand-ins filling the puppets when a performer is otherwise engaged. Filling in for the actual performance of speaking lines and promoting an event as being the genuine Muppet article when that isn't the case is where most fans object. Vogel and all the performers did a great job at this NBC event.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. That makes sense since when Artie performed Kermit/Kismet it was just him or him and Piggy, but I see where Steve can't perform both :smile: and :shifty: at the same time. 'He got two hands only.'

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fans don't object to the stand-ins filling the puppets when a performer is otherwise engaged. Filling in for the actual performance of speaking lines and promoting an event as being the genuine Muppet article when that isn't the case is where most fans object. Vogel and all the performers did a great job at this NBC event.
What he said!

Alvin

Reaction score
Do we have an Electric Mayhem video yet? I haven't seen anything...SURELY somebody Tivo'd it or DVDR'd it...or something...if some people saw it...it HAS to be out there!