If they were to make a new Muppet Babies....

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Gabriela and Skeeter would totally hang out together. I can see both Sid and Gerald with Fozzie, Fozzie would love playing with Sid's microphone (especially since it has a built in laugh track and applause though it would still probably boo and throw a tomato at Fozzie when he used it) and Gerald has that whole class clown element.
That's exactly what I thought! I'd guess May would most likely hang out with Scooter and not Miss Piggy (seeing as May isn't a "pretty-princess" type of character like Miss Piggy).

HauntedPuppet

Reaction score
What about a new adventure with Jen and Kira's kids . . . baby / young Gelflings? With todays digital puppeteering like Avatar they could make a pretty impressive film.

unclematt

Reaction score
Could you imagine Gerald and Animal together? Holy cow!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else get the horrifying feeling if we DID get a new Muppet Babies, it would be the same Dora module of educational TV? The thought of Kermit talking baby talk to the audience and asking where something hidden in plain sight makes me flesh crawl.

unclematt

Reaction score
Anyone else get the horrifying feeling if we DID get a new Muppet Babies, it would be the same Dora module of educational TV? The thought of Kermit talking baby talk to the audience and asking where something hidden in plain sight makes me flesh crawl.
I don't think even Disney would dumb down the Muppets that much.

muppzd

Reaction score
Once the Muppet brand is back to where it should be and if they decided to make a new Muppet Babies cartoon...

I think a Sid the Science Kid approach to performance capture CG puppetry (the way Henson Co wanted to do a new Muppet Babies years back) would be my first choice.

My second choice would be a higher quality and stylish 2D animation with the same sort of live action clips placed in.

I would also like the world to be more expansive than just the nursery. Let the characters play outside instead of be shut-ins. They could meet more Muppet characters if allowed to go out to the playground. Personally, I'd like to see the characters hanging out in a tree house and doing more active things in their real world as well as their imaginations.

Just my take. I'm not much of a Babies fan, but that's the way I'd go. They've already worked their classic format. If brought back they should mix it up.
I agree the babies should be able to go outside but expand even more and go on exciting trips every episode and still have that imagination thing going on plus they could meet other muppet babies like maybe baby hogthrob and baby strangepork at a space museum or Sam the Eagle in washington d.c. mayde Sweetums or Dogllion at a horror movie and I think they should have the rest of the electric mayhem as babies (Including Lips) I also think Clifford, Beauregard, Bobo, Rizzo and Pepe would make cool babies and they should go to school with even more Muppet characters:big_grin:

blackaerin

Reaction score
I don't think even Disney would dumb down the Muppets that much.
well look at what they've done to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My friends Tigger and Pooh. (they didn't even bring back christopher robin instead we get this girl and her dog invading the hundred acre woods.)

unclematt

Reaction score
I didn't like the move of the girl and her dog. You are right about that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
well look at what they've done to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and My friends Tigger and Pooh. (they didn't even bring back christopher robin instead we get this girl and her dog invading the hundred acre woods.)
It's an unfortunate trend in preschool shows... the talking loud and slow and pretending to be interactive (Hey boys and girls, Dora can't here what you're saying, and you really can't affect her movements or choices one way or another because they all had to be scripted and animated, and it's not a computer game!) Only thing I like about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is the fact that Disney put the characters that built their entertainment empire in the public eye... well... that and the fact it has Ludwig VonDrake and Big Bad Pete in it. Pooh didn't need any of the futzing around with the character since he was on everything already to begin with.

I'd hate to see a Muppet Babies show that's similar to that. it would be a billion times worse than Elmo's World.

That said... remember... no matter which characters would look cool as babies, there's a certain amount of character chemistry and a huge huge cast may easily overshadow itself. When they added Bean to the cast in the old show, the writers barely knew what to do with him.

unclematt

Reaction score
I would like to see a baby Rizzo. What do Baby rats look like?