Season 40 Hidden Gems

unclematt

Reaction score
If anybody has video that an be posted of the Henson kids please post it. I would love toy see it.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I loved spotting all those hidden gems, especially Marty Robinson and characters from the past. I wished I could have seen all of the episode where Sherlock Hemlock, Herry and Jerry Nelson make an appearance together.

Call it a Classic Sesame Street "I Spy"

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Definitely sounded like Joey to me... once Oscar fan gets them all compiled, you'll probably get to hear it more closely.

Plus, Joey was probably just available on the set at the time. Eric might not have been. We've seen a lot less of Eric and Steve in this season, clearly busy with the Muppet rebirth.
Actually, it was Eric. If you listin closely, you can hear his Grover voice.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The "Wing in a Sling" episode was recently added to sesamestreet.org, and I think I found another hidden gem that hasn't been mentioned. At the beginning Big Bird sings a variation of "Row Your Boat", going "Roll, roll, rollerskate, gently down the street, merily merily merily, life is such a treat!" Now, I wonder if that was referencing Don Music's version of the song. The only big difference is the "Rollerskate" part in place of "Drive your car". Hmmmmm.....

Also, I wonder if Kermit's cameo could be considered an honorary hidden gem. Of course there are things preventing that... It was in Elmo's World instead of the street story, it was produced for season 39, each season since Henson sold the rights to the Sesame Street characters (with the exception of season 33) has featured at least one insert with Kermit (I think this is the first in a long time to feature two Kermit appearances), and everybody knows who Kermit is, even if they aren't aware that he was a regular on Sesame Street at one time.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I would credit Kermit's cameo as one of the times SW got permission to use Kermit after they lost rights to him in 2001 like Everybody Be Yo'Self.

sesameguy

Reaction score
I wished I could have seen all of the episode where Sherlock Hemlock, Herry and Jerry Nelson make an appearance together.
Luckily, it looks like that one ("Big Bird's wing in a sling") will be on PBS again next week (at least in my area, check your listings just to make sure). I missed it the first time too, so I'll try to catch it this time!