Season 40 Hidden Gems

Mupp

Reaction score
I think Lulu's being dropped wasn't so much due to her being a "flop" but rather because of Stephanie's unavailability once Avenue Q became a runaway hit.
Ah.
Makes sense.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hooper's store displayed "A Loaf of Brad, A Container of Milk, and a Stick of Butter" on a chalkboard and Gordon was reading a book with a picture of Sesame Street's Solomon Grundy cartoon.
Yeah. I noticed that they were emphasizing the sign at Hooper's, but I couldn't read it very clearly. Still, I knew they were displaying something there.

I also liked Harvey Kneeslapper's appearance in the 'Tribute to Number 7' ep. Was that Eric peforming him?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also liked Harvey Kneeslapper's appearance in the 'Tribute to Number 7' ep. Was that Eric peforming him?
Definitely sounded like Joey to me... once Oscar fan gets them all compiled, you'll probably get to hear it more closely.

Plus, Joey was probably just available on the set at the time. Eric might not have been. We've seen a lot less of Eric and Steve in this season, clearly busy with the Muppet rebirth.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yeah, that was definately Joey as Harvey.

I said it before, but it bears repeating...they SO need to make this a tradition from here on out beyond just season 40!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I was thinking Eric because he's taken over the majority of Frank's characters. But David Rudman performs CM now, so it's understandable that it would be Joey as Harvey. Thanks for that info.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
They brought back Kneeslapper, Harvey Kneeslapper.

YES.

I mean wow, did he make a joke just for old time sake ?

I must say the most surprising epsiode to me was seeing almost all of Jerry Nelson's SS characters, including the man himself, in that wing on a sling episode. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I said it before, but it bears repeating...they SO need to make this a tradition from here on out beyond just season 40!
Actually, they made little references to older episodes and older segments long before... just not regularly. It wasn't too strange to hear "I love to Sing in the Shower" on Elmo's World or Baby Bear mutter "A loaf of bwead, a container of Milk, and a stick of butter! I Wemembered, I wemembered!" Didn't the ladybugs at the bug pet adoption agency sing an altered slightly version of "Ladybug's Picnic" a season or so ago?

I think the best "gems" are the ones that use old characters walking around in the background, and even given lines. THIS they need to continue... even if they don't have lines, just to fill out crowd scenes.

Mupp

Reaction score
I think the best "gems" are the ones that use old characters walking around in the background, and even given lines. THIS they need to continue... even if they don't have lines, just to fill out crowd scenes.
That, that would be great.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heck... most of the old characters are AM's anyway... and they're built... no sense letting them go to waste.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Actually, they made little references to older episodes and older segments long before... just not regularly. It wasn't too strange to hear "I love to Sing in the Shower" on Elmo's World or Baby Bear mutter "A loaf of bwead, a container of Milk, and a stick of butter! I Wemembered, I wemembered!" Didn't the ladybugs at the bug pet adoption agency sing an altered slightly version of "Ladybug's Picnic" a season or so ago?

Oh yeah, i know the fun references to classic Sesame predate season 40 and i have no doubt they'll continue - i meant they need to keep up the tradition of including at least one in every episode!