Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

Drtooth

Reaction score
I fanally was able to catch two episodes this season and while they're entertaining, the fullscreen is really crappy. I mean, Elmo asking which tool is the shape of the letter C, and we only see part of it. The kids would think, "That's not a C, that looks like part of an O." I know D'Snowth doesn't like widescreen, but he should realise how much better it is.
dwckim said it best. I think that certain PBS stations don't realize that when these shows were made they WERE made to be in widescreen... and I think both those certain PBS stations and SW screwed up insanely with this. SW, for not thinking about people without widescreen TVs or the shortsightedness of certain stations who wouldn't want to broadcast the show in that fashion anyway. They could have simply kept the WS stuff sure, but just made sure the words and important actions would take place in the 1:33:1 aspect ratio. For the longest time, that's what happened to movies so they can go straight to video. And of course, the PBS stations FOR the shortsightedness.

Worst part about full frame TV now is that it's full frame in widescreen in full frame and the letterbox has a letterbox too.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
dwckim said it best. I think that certain PBS stations don't realize that when these shows were made they WERE made to be in widescreen... and I think both those certain PBS stations and SW screwed up insanely with this. SW, for not thinking about people without widescreen TVs or the shortsightedness of certain stations who wouldn't want to broadcast the show in that fashion anyway. They could have simply kept the WS stuff sure, but just made sure the words and important actions would take place in the 1:33:1 aspect ratio. For the longest time, that's what happened to movies so they can go straight to video. And of course, the PBS stations FOR the shortsightedness.
Yeah. I found a station that I think shows Sesame Street in widescreen, but I have to purchase it. And my dad thinks it's excectly the same. I'm trying to convince him that it does.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm watching today's episode right now... It's the "Find the Amphibean" episode... I looked at the Muppet Wiki page, and a few segments were cut from the show today! Murray has a Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle were both cut.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm watching today's episode right now... It's the "Find the Amphibean" episode... I looked at the Muppet Wiki page, and a few segments were cut from the show today! Murray has a Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle were both cut.
I just realised that my local PBS station is having a pledge drive this week, which explains why it was shorter.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
And from what I saw of Abby's Fairy School, it's actually funny. There are puns in it that are so corny, but you can't help but laugh!
I agree. I like Abby's Flying Fairy School. The first full segment I saw was the Cinderella Chalange one when I got the 40 Years of Sunny Days DVD for Christmas. And when I was watching it, I thought,"Hmm, this is pretty funny. Maybe this new segment won't be as bad as people thought it would be."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. It's GOOD and everything... but not watch the same segment 3 times in a season of "new" episodes good.

My one complaint other than that is the Spot segment inside the show goes on a bit long, and stretches the segment out a minute or two longer than it should be.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Yeah. It's GOOD and everything... but not watch the same segment 3 times in a season of "new" episodes good.
Yeah. I've been recording Sesame Street for the last few days, and they keep showing segments of it over and over again. They make 26 Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures a year, why not do the same with Abby's Flying Fairy School?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
It sounds like Bert have been making solo appearances lately. Steve had been absent for new material on seasons 38 and 39. Steve only did Kermit on Elmo's World in season 40.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It sounds like Bert have been making solo appearances lately. Steve had been absent for new material on seasons 38 and 39. Steve only did Kermit on Elmo's World in season 40.
Actually, Steve did Ernie for the Eyes segment of Elmo's World. I know because, I saw the counting booth episode today. It was nice to see Eric revive his pig character. I think Eric lives in New York, and that's why he's able to do more stuff than Steve or Bill.