Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not until the season's over. We still have 2 more episodes to go later this month.

I still object to withholding 2 episodes to stretch the season longer.

InvaderZim

Reaction score
I just watched 4196-and the washj=ing machine Luis was fixing was named Waytag-a parody of Maytag.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, I finally see the environmental focus on the show's curriculum. They recycle EVERYTHING from prior seasons including this one. YAY budget cuts! I tell yah, waiting a month for a new episode is completely worth the wait having to sit through another Abby for the third time only to see one clip at the end I could have easily watched on SS's youtube page.

The opening story really felt bear, and it felt like a 5 minute 2 part skit, not a story. Brian had a brief cameo, why they couldn't have him at least puppeteer some background characters is beyond me. Funny bit, but it really felt short and empty.

The only other highlight was that Sarah Jessica Parker bit that only makes sense if you watch Sex and the City (my little sister, who ain't that little in terms of age, made me watch it all last summer... and I'm not hating it). I thought it was a riot, considering she spends the entire series waiting for Big. If only Big was more like Big Bird. Really, I hate my sister right now.

Other than that, rerun, reused, seen it, how the heck can anyone age five and under sit through reruns of reruns to see more reruns... and again, I LOVE Murray has a Little Lamb and all, but I REALLY want to see an Ernie and Bert Great adventure instead. Mainly because there's so many we didn't see yet, and we've seen all the Murrays twice since last season.

And I REALLY hate the fact they have yoga on Sesame Street. Hasn't it been gentrified enough?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The only other highlight was that Sarah Jessica Parker bit that only makes sense if you watch Sex and the City (my little sister, who ain't that little in terms of age, made me watch it all last summer... and I'm not hating it). I thought it was a riot, considering she spends the entire series waiting for Big. If only Big was more like Big Bird. Really, I hate my sister right now.
I did have BB in mind there, so in a way I knew that he was the 'Big' Sarah was waiting for. Still I don't know why she'd call Big Bird just 'big.' Are you saying there's a character on Sex and the City named 'Big?' :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Uh.... Yeah! Big is her ideal Mr. Right that she apparently has an on again/off again relationship with. And after seeing a bunch of episodes with him in it, it's a wonder why she likes him in the first place. And what he did to her in the movie... GAWWW...

Did I mention I really hate my sister now?

ErnieBertGonzo

Reaction score
The opening story really felt bear, and it felt like a 5 minute 2 part skit, not a story. Brian had a brief cameo, why they couldn't have him at least puppeteer some background characters is beyond me. Funny bit, but it really felt short and empty.
If you're talking about 4211, only John and Cheryl appeared I think.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just a reminder. The series finale airs tomorrow. I hope it at least has a good ending. A lot of the last few seasons at least had strong enders. Like season 33's Oscar and Telly Road Trip. That was all sorts of epic to me.