Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I have a question as a friend of mine is a hardcore fan of this character and I don't have the money to buy this book: Is Sam the Machine talked about or shown in this book? Thanks if anyone can tell me.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
SAM is there. Pictured, anyway. Not sure as he's discussed too much.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Been meaning to post here for a while.

While Im mainly a huge Classic Muppets and Fraggle fan/collector , I still grew up with Sesame Street and have fond memories of it. I have very little Sesame Street stuff. Old School, and a few books.

Anyway, after reading reviews on here and some other sites, I decided to get this book. I found it for only £16.95 delivered.

WOW. I am so pleased I bought it. It feels great, and looks great, so colourful.
I've not read it all yet, up to about page 70, but so far its great. Very interesting.

I love the poser pic of Prarie Dawn and Cookie on Chapter 7's opening, anyone have that piccy on there PC?

If your unsure about getting this, do it, well worth it.

I also dug out my Sesame Street UNPAVED book and had a look too. I dont think I ever read it!

Chris

zns

Reaction score
Two weeks 'till Christmas. I can't take the suspense much longer. :excited::zany::crazy:

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Two weeks 'till Christmas. I can't take the suspense much longer.
Same here Man, I am so looking forward to Christmas and getting this Book, among a few other things, I have month off of school for Break so I know what I'll be reading over break! :big_grin:

I have not gone to a store to look for this, I want to be surprised on Christmas Day if and When I get it,

If you count the book coming with the 40th anniversary DVD as looking at the Book, than yeah I looked at the book some, but the full book not yet and Its making me excited to think about all the cool photos and stories that come with this book I can't wait :big_grin:

zns

Reaction score
When I looked through it at Barnes&Noble about a month ago, I skimed through it only once or twice. Knowing that I may be getting it as a gift this year, it can give me something to look forward to a little bit. I just didn't look through it thoroughly because I wanted to save that for after I recieved. In other words, it works out in both ways.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is the montage on the bonus DVD basically the same as the TV montages on the 40th anniversary DVD, only not split up into two?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Is the montage on the bonus DVD basically the same as the TV montages on the 40th anniversary DVD, only not split up into two?
It's the same concept but a different montage. It's more accurately the same montage that was in The Street We Live On (35th season premiere) just with additional clips added on the end to represent the last five years.

The TV Montages on 40 Years of Sunny Days use the same concept but it uses clips that are on that dvd collection.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's the same concept but a different montage. It's more accurately the same montage that was in The Street We Live On (35th season premiere) just with additional clips added on the end to represent the last five years.
Well, I got the set for Christmas today. I think the only pre-2005 clip that's different from what was in The Street We Live On was the 2004 clip, showing Don't Know Y instead of the cast on the street set. If the timeline was cut from the Street We Live On DVD because of character/ music rights/ performer residual residuals, then it looks like they've all been resolved, and I hope that Warner Bros. restores it if Warner rereleases that special when the video rights switch.
I've enjoyed what I've read, and I've alreayd noticed many errors. Looking at it in the book store, I thought Michael Earl was not in the index... I just didn't think to look under Michael Earl Davis. I hadn't seen this mentioned, but the book claims that Brian Meehl performed Sam the Robot, and that Kevin Clash later took over as Warren Wolf. The former is likely, but I'd be surprised if Meehl actually took over as Sam.