Your Thoughts: Sesame Street on Dinner: Impossible

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yep - they did bring out the cake at the end. (There was a little montage where they showed shots of all the food with title cards reminding what they were).

I was pleasantly surprised at how much i enjoyed watching this. Since Sonia Monzano has said that when she plays Maria, she's largely just playing herself, it was cool to see her take part (and addressed as Maria throughout) being herself. Of course Kevin's best performances as Elmo are when he's improved and Elmo and Cookie were hilarious throughout - especially Elmo's aversion to brussel sprouts plus David as Cookie improving just shows further that in the same way Eric has successfully taken over Frank's other characters, David simply IS Cookie Monster.

It was also fun thinking about the behind the scenes logistics of involving the Sesame cast since you knew in the back of your mind in addition to Chef Robert's timed task which is challanging enough on its own, he would essentially be occassionally taken away from the task itself by the producers to tape an bit with the Muppets ("okay we need you to set up an exchange with Cookie Monster karate chopping lettuce") I like how he diplomatically mentioned that since kitchens are dangerous places for youngsters, that Elmo and Cookie may be better suited to help out with the eating of the food ("We've been banished from kitchen!") not that kept the monsters from interfering ("we like shapes on Sesame Street so we want you to have something shaped like a circle, square, and rectangle")

I especially liked how they framed and shot the beginning when the Sesame gang gave Robert his mission since even though it was shot at Sesame Place, it looked pretty convincing that they were on the actual Sesame set.

The only thing not there that i would have liked to have seen was Joey performing his Broccoli character.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Few more questions... Was there a Muppet letter B in the beginning framing sequence, before Robert and María went shopping? And who was that VP Jen person that burnt the burgers?

Sorry for the questions, blind batty eyes + all info possible = Muppet Mindset article.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes, a Muppet letter B (Carmen Osbahr, who no doubt right-handed Cookie when she wasn't doing the B) joined Maria, Cookie and Elmo at the beginning and also when they were planning B-word foods. Also there was Jenn Martin, VP of Marketing for Sesame Place. (Hey, burnt burgers would have been a b word! I personally like burgers and steak and such very well done)

Some info that might be helpful...
Final menu:
Soup: Blueberry Bisque

Salad: Buffalo Mozzarella & Bell Pepper Salad

Hors D'Euvres: Bruschetta

Side Dishes: Brussel Sprouts
Baked Beans

Entrees: Bratwurst burgers (square burgers; circular buns)
Burritos (rectangle)
Balsamic Bass
Bowtie Bolognese
Buckwheat Bologna
Butter-poach Brisket
Brie Blackened Chicken
Bagel Pizzas (round)
Buffalo Wings
Barley Pilaf

Bererage: B-Bash Beverage (banana berry smoothie)

Desserts: Butterscotch cookie (round)
Birthday Cake
Bread Pudding Brulee (square)
Orange Butter Sauce

Besides the Muppets of Cookie, Elmo, and Letter B, split-second shots of the Sesame Place Walkaround characters of The Count, Ernie, and Grover were shown taking part in the parade.

sesameguy

Reaction score
It was also fun thinking about the behind the scenes logistics of involving the Sesame cast since you knew in the back of your mind in addition to Chef Robert's timed task which is challanging enough on its own, he would essentially be occassionally taken away from the task itself by the producers to tape an bit with the Muppets
At the very opening of the show, there was a brief disclaimer that began with "What you are about to see is real." This proves that the muppets are actually real. :smile:

Fortunately, the producers played along, and while the show was mostly for cooking fans, there was certainly enough muppet fun in there to keep it fun for us. Worth watching!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Didn't catch it. I looked it up to see when it's going to air and it's not even airing anytime soon. This saturday shows a toally different episode. Hope to see it soon. I really want to record this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Was that really David playing Cookie? It didn't quite sound like David's Cookie to me, I thought they probably had gotten someone else for this appearance.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Was that really David playing Cookie? It didn't quite sound like David's Cookie to me, I thought they probably had gotten someone else for this appearance.
Yes, it was David. His Cookie voice sounds like that when it's unscripted and off the cuff.