Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Nice! I wasn't aware of either release, but always cool to hear about more Sesame Street DVD releases- especially ones with Kermit appearing in them!:smile:
Although honestly if the only clip is going to be "Forty Blocks From My Home", I don't think I'll be so worried about getting it.
I agree that "Caribbean Amphibian" also fits the travel theme well, since Kermit is sitting on a Caribbean island when he's singing the song and he mentions that his amphibian friend sometimes hops to Jamaica - sometimes to Haiti he hops. Sometimes a warm Puerto Rican beach is where he finally stops. He's a Caribbean Amphibian- he likes to hop in the tropical sea. He's a Caribbean Amphibian- a frog in a coconut tree. - love this song.
I looked on Amazon for the "Wild Words and Outdoor Fun" DVD and it said it released in April 2010. Do they just have the date wrong and maybe they mean April 2011? I sure don't recall seeing this DVD out last year.
I also like the cover for this one- Elmo is there along with Big Bird and Snuffy, all nice and big in the forefront. And Big Bird has his suitcase with him on the cover and there are stickers from Hawaii, Montana, Puerto Rico and it looks either China or Japan on there. That was a really cool touch. It would be awesome if this DVD would feature clips from any of those episodes/specials.:wisdom:
Also, I would imagine they might include a number of Global Grover segments on the "Elmo's Travel Songs and Games" DVD.
It would be great to see "Subway" on there since Kermit appeared in that. I don't know what other Kermit appearances would really be fitting- maybe "On My Pond", but that seems to be stretching it a bit.
How about "Do Op Hop" as a way of describing frogs' method of transportation?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
You know I was hoping for a Sesame Street traveling themed DVD, but I was hoping it was more on the lines of Big Bird and Grover, who traveled the most throughout the shows history.

I was hoping it was more of a history lesson of Sesame street's past with a mixture of a modern day storyline.

Wouldn't you all think so...:wisdom::super:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I'd love to see a travelling-themed DVD with all the various vacation and travel-themed episodes of Sesame Street from the '70s and '80s- like the Montana, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Camp Echo Rock storylines. It would also be great to have Grover's Camp Wannagohoma sketches included as bonuses.
:wisdom::super:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the Muppet Wiki page for Elmo's Travel Songs and Games now has a big description, which confirms my assumption that the DVD will have new linking footage. It also mentions that it will involve the characters on a trip to the zoo... I wonder if the newsflash segment with Kermit at a zoo will be included (I doubt it, but it would be an appropriate choice). And it is confirmed that "Let's Go Driving" will be included (though it's unclear whether it's the segment from the show or a new performance).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had thought that all current DVDs used still images on the back, and was confused when I read/heard the interviews with Henry Louis Mitchell talking baout taking photos for the back of Silly Storytime, but then I was looking at the back of that and Elmo's Rainbow... And they do use new photos. They did a good job of making them resemble the clips they are supposed to. Though it's clear that still images are still used on some DVDs (The Best of Elmo 2, C is for Cookie Monster... Hmm, must be something about spotlight videos...).

I've also noticed that C is for Cookie Monster hardly has any images of Elmo on the packaging. The back cover has a still from the late-1990s C is for Cookie Monster, which does have Elmo... yet the still used shows Cookie Monster's c-shaped cookie in the way of Elmo, where only a little of Elmo's fur can be shown.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'd expect the DVD would have no images of Elmo on it; it's a Cookie Monster-centric DVD.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd expect the DVD would have no images of Elmo on it; it's a Cookie Monster-centric DVD.
They still put Elmo on the SST Christmas Carol DVD, as well as Henson's Place... the first having him only in the flashback clips, and the latter not even having him in the actual content at all.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They still put Elmo on the SST Christmas Carol DVD, as well as Henson's Place... the first having him only in the flashback clips, and the latter not even having him in the actual content at all.
I don't think it's a big deal for a character to be on the cover when all they appear in is past clips. There have been many video and DVD releases over the years where the covers included characters who only appear in inserts. Especially the majority of videos with Ernie, Bert, Grover, and Cookie Monster on the cover. But it is ridiculous for covers to include characters who don't even appear in the productions themselves (Betty Lou on the original Sing-Along cover, and The Count on the Learning to Add and Subtract cover). I especially can't believe that Elmo is on the Henson's Place video, which was released by Lionsgate and is really promoting Jim Henson (another oddity: The back of Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting includes an image of Zoe, who wasn't even around when the special was made).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Need I even mention this old VHS?

Sure, instead of Elmo, it's Cookie Monster, but I assure you, his role is just as small as Elmo's is sometimes. He basically appeared in 2 lines of Watermellons and Cheese... someone clearly thought Telly and Oscar weren't strong enough to sell the video, so Cookie was added in last minute. Look closely. You can see a white aura around Telly in front of Cookie, suggesting he was photoshopped in.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki "Wild Words and Outdoor Fun" will have four street stories: Big Bird being convinced to move to a rainforest, the four bears considering hibernation, Wild Nature Survivor Guy, and the Camoflauge (hope spelling's right there)Kelly episode.

YouTube has a trailer for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4TTV3QdOGE