Bringing Back the Bells...

Beauregard

Reaction score
9 pm Central Time. That's 3 am here in the UK as far as I can work out. Another 3 hours!

APRena

Reaction score
It's tonight! Wooo! :excited: I'm getting kind of excited over this, maybe because it's my first time.

By the way, by "many years ago" do you mean since the dawn of time, or like 2005? I'm curious as to the specific first year of this cool tradition...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've never seen it done before, and I've been here about 8 years. I could have missed it though...I think it was done, maybe the year before I joined when MC was on the Delphi forum and before then.

So much has changed in that time!

By the way, are we celebrating the Bells in this thread?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Sure, why not?

And I think the tradition was done wayyyy back in the first year of Muppet Central...1998, I believe, when there was the old Delphi message board and chat.

Tonight's the night! 9PM Central time. And if you want, watch "The Bells of Fraggle Rock". If you have the Season 3 DVD, have it in and ready for the episode to play. (Skip past the auto play thingy and head for the main menu).

If you have a watch or clock that's set to the exact time (right down to the second), push "play" at 8:38PM on the nose (or 9:38PM if you're in the Eastern Time zone, 7:38PM for Mountain, etc.) If you do this, the Fraggles will ring their bells right at the stroke of the hour.

Convincing John

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm reminded of Bobo in LTS..."Ring-a-ding-ding, a-ding-ding" since that's probably what I'll end up doing as I cannot find anything bell-like in my house. I might have to get some pre-recorded bells, or just watch that clip on YouTube.

Nick22

Reaction score
what time do i ring? eastern time? i can't find the time anywhere. lol.

APRena

Reaction score
Nine central. Ten eastern, since you're in NY. A lot of posts below me have stated the time.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought it was 3 am here in the UK, but someone just told me its 2...Does anyone know? I've been trying to use time converters and getting nowhere :stick_out_tongue: I'm sure Cantus never had to put up with meddlesome time converters! Is it in half an hour, or an hour and a half?