Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Redsonga

Reaction score
None of the channels in my area show Arthur at all now...And haven't, for a few years :frown: That is why I have been waiting for the DVDs..which seem dead set on the newer episodes I'm not as interested in learning about :frown:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
None of the channels in my area show Arthur at all now...And haven't, for a few years :frown: That is why I have been waiting for the DVDs..which seem dead set on the newer episodes I'm not as interested in learning about :frown:.
Well.. there's a reason for that. Newer seasons are only 5-10 episodes if anything. These sets retail for massive amounts of money... like the 50 dollar range or so. I've picked some up in stores and read the boxes... and here's why they're so expensive: They're NOT really for us... they're for teachers to buy and make detailed lesson plans out of, as part of a "Cable in the Classroom" style curriculum. I'm sure if they released full earlier season sets, where episode numbers ranked much higher (let alone the first season) they would have a price that's so incredibly high no one would want to pay for it, and there would be no way they'd sell them.

Rest assured, I've seen Bill Nye the Science guy DVD's that cost 50 bucks for (get this) one episode, and only for that reason.... for Teachers.

Moving right along... I just noticed something. You know how upset Binky was that Muffy stole his idea about the banana? You'd think he'd feel a little more remorse when he stole Buster's joke, and saw Buster carrying on the rest of the episode because of it. Apparently, he can dish it out, but he can't take it. :wisdom:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, maybe not even a full season, just cut it up..I mean I have seen series than do 5-10 episodes at a time until it is done, or go Season 1, Part 1...
Still, you would think they would make DVDs for just fans of the show and their children to..at least more of them...
Meh, it's almost as bad as me looking for a DVD copy of The Second Voyage of the Mimi (one of my favorites :smile:)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still, you would think they would make DVDs for just fans of the show and their children to..at least more of them...
The only Family DVD's they make are usually the 15 dollar 3 episode things... and in this case, 3 episodes means 3 individual cartoons, not full episodes. So basically, we'd get 1 and a half actual episodes. I don't understand why they don't make collector friendly DVD's that are easy on the wallets, not needing any of the educational gobbledegook that just sits there bulking up the price and taking advantage of the unreasonably high educational material prices (no wonder Teachers need to make more money).

But still, the price for one lousy episode of Bill Nye with educational arglebargle on it being 50? That ain't right, no matter who you are.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On the subject of Nadine, has anyone noticed she's the only anthro character with a tail? I know with her being an imaginary friend it wouldn't completely strange, but still.

Anyone remember when Arthur saw a monkey plush in a gift shop, and when he squeezed it, it said in Francine's voice "I'm the best athlete in the whole school!"

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think they should have tails, it makes less sense that they don't IMHO :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
My Theory about tails

I'm, trying to consider the evolution in anthro characters for a personal project of mine, and I'm wondering...

Much like how the human has a tail bone, but lost the tail, the same thing seems to have happened in the case of the animal humanoids of Arthur. In a few episodes, they showed caveman versions of the aardvarks, and they looked much more animal-like than the rounded off, cutified versions of themselves. I swear I saw they had tails there. How else would you explain how Binky the bulldog and Jenna the cat have human noses?

But as far as anthros go, they have some animals that haven't "evolved" or rather retained all animal characteristics... I.E. Pal. So clearly Nadine, being an imaginary character is a different kind of anthro than the more humaniod ones that serve as their world's version of the human race.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I taped that episode you're talking about years ago, but I don't remember them having tails, even as cavepeople...

Funnily enough, I remember when the gang was watching that TV show that was like supposed to be a hybrid of their show and Little Lulu, and Brain asked "If they're animals, does there cafeteria serve bugs and garbage for lunch?"