The New Movie: The Muppets

Super Scooter

Reaction score
(Whatever happened to Hanson? Hehe. Ick :grouchy:)
Now, there's an act I can see on The Muppet Show!
_____

Kermit: Okay, Scooter, who do we have auditioning next?

Scooter: Well, chief, it's this new band discovered by... er, Mahna Mahna.

Kermit: Mahna Mahna?

Snowths: Doo doo doo doo doo.

Kermit: Yeesh!

(Curtains open)

Hanson: Mmm bop!

Mahna Mahna: Mahna Mahna, ba du bop!

ALL: Duba dop Ba du!
______

... No?

Mupp

Reaction score
if miley cyrus, the jonas brothers, or justin bieber make any type of cameo in this movie, i'll puke. i'll just puke. right there in the theater on whoever is sitting next to me.
I'm indifferent of them, but I hope that you respect people who do like them though...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't.

Yeah, Disney has been shoving this crap in our faces for a while now, and the funny thing is, it's starting to fail. Jonas merchandise was 90% off not too long ago. I think Disney finally figured out that there are fans of OTHER things besides the endless parade of convener belt pre-fab bands. heck, I think Miley even wants out of the Disney game so she can get an actual career doing other projects to get the respect of people other than her TV show's demographic. Even she doesn't want to be a Disney tween musician forever.

plus, I'm seeing a LOT more Pineas and Ferb stuff than any of the live action shows popping up. I finally caught a couple episodes, and I TOTALLY see what the fuss is about. Curse you Perry the Platypus!

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
plus, I'm seeing a LOT more Pineas and Ferb stuff than any of the live action shows popping up. I finally caught a couple episodes, and I TOTALLY see what the fuss is about. Curse you Perry the Platypus!
Don't you think it's a little childish? Silly? Predictable? Dumb? Boring?

(P.S. The correct answer is, 'No. No, I don't'. :smile:)

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's NO Darkwing Duck, but it's pretty good.

Now who's arm dy'ah gotta turn to make a Duck Avenger and the ultra Heroes cartoon? Those comics are brilliant!

Duke Remington

Reaction score
if miley cyrus, the jonas brothers, or justin bieber make any type of cameo in this movie, i'll puke. i'll just puke. right there in the theater on whoever is sitting next to me.
Didn't your mother teach you any manners or lessons in courtesy and respect?

Be nice to those folks and their fans. They deserve the same amount of courtesy and respect as any other human being.

Not only that. Miley, the Jonas', etc. are Muppet fans too. And the way that those younger stars get mistreated and unfairly bad-mouthed around here is quite reminiscent of the way that Piggy mistreated poor Annie Sue, even after Annie admitted to being a big fan of Piggy.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score

Be nice to those folks and their fans. They deserve the same amount of courtesy and respect as any other human being.

Not only that. Miley, the Jonas', etc. are Muppet fans too. And the way that those younger stars get mistreated and unfairly bad-mouthed around here is quite reminiscent of the way that Piggy mistreated poor Annie Sue, even after Annie admitted to being a big fan of Piggy.
I think the main reason that a lot of people don't like them is because when Disney Channel has a franchise that works, they over do the merchandising and such and such until people who aren't fans (and some who've never even seen it) can't stand it anymore. Then those self same people use the lead actor(s)/actress(es) as a target of their dislike.

It's not their fault! It's the marketing department! Blame them!

Mupp

Reaction score

Well said. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the main reason that a lot of people don't like them is because when Disney Channel has a franchise that works, they over do the merchandising and such and such until people who aren't fans (and some who've never even seen it) can't stand it anymore. Then those self same people use the lead actor(s)/actress(es) as a target of their dislike.

It's not their fault! It's the marketing department! Blame them!
That's the problem with me. Not the actors, not the actresses... but the incessant marketing and forgetting that there's a fanbase within your company's goods. I mean, I hate Cartoon Network for trying to be like the Disney Channel more than I hate the Disney channel, if you think about it. I greatly dislike the shows, not due to their popularity, but their lack of tangible quality.

To me, any forced cameo by any Disney Tween pop star is a step backward. This seems to be a movie more about the Segal/Stoller crowd with young kids than it is about another Disney marketing push. had the movie been made 2 years or so ago, I'd expect it. But now, Disney wants to focus on its broader appeal. After all, The Disney store is constantly clearing out Hanna Montana stuff while they're constantly bringing in more Mickey products. unthinkable, even years ago.

And as I said, Miley wants out. After the show's done, she's leaving and becoming something else. Her Sex and the City movie cameo proves it. I bet the Jonas's are waiting for their contract to run out so they can be their own group too.

That said, Justin Beiber I wouldn't say anything about, but the lyrics of his number one jam go "I was like, baby baby baby." I'm sorry, but no matter who says "I was like" it's like nails on a chalkboard. The current generation of kids not can speak good, know what I mean?

Mupp

Reaction score
That's the problem with me. Not the actors, not the actresses... but the incessant marketing and forgetting that there's a fanbase within your company's goods. I mean, I hate Cartoon Network for trying to be like the Disney Channel more than I hate the Disney channel, if you think about it. I greatly dislike the shows, not due to their popularity, but their lack of tangible quality.

To me, any forced cameo by any Disney Tween pop star is a step backward.
I have a feeling that is something that we do not have to worry about.
Its my understanding that is just a theoretical idea and in all probability will not happen.

I think the point of this is, people should be respectful of others. If other people out there DO like Miley or the Jonas brothers then they should be allowed to like them.

I personally do not care for Miley or the Jonas Brothers, but if there are people who do like them, then good for them. :smile:

In all probability, Miley and the Jonas bothers are most likely nice people in real life.

So, someone saying "I'll puke" is not very respectful, because like it or not, there are people out there who do like these celebrities. That is their right. That fact that they like them does not make them stupid, tasteless or any other negative adjective.