The New Movie: The Muppets

dwmckim

Reaction score
Jason Siegel (sp?) was on Jimmy Fallon that time talking about doing a Muppet Movie...and how he loves the Muppets...sorry, I didn't read the entire thread, but is he still involved?
Depends on who's reporting news on a given day! Lots of conflicting reports regarding the writers and what it will be about/called - but the general consensis seems to be that he is still involved.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Re: Reports that Piggy will be Gaga-fied

I will be SO happy if Piggy returns to the movie as a diva, rather than a washed-up movie star (*frowns pointedly at MFS where she was a coffee-pig*) Gaga inspired? Me thinks Gaga was inspired by Piggy, not the other way around...

Nick22

Reaction score

I will be SO happy if Piggy returns to the movie as a diva, rather than a washed-up movie star (*frowns pointedly at MFS where she was a coffee-pig*) Gaga inspired? Me thinks Gaga was inspired by Piggy, not the other way around...
i agree with you. lol.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But word that he’ll be the main human was slightly more surprising given his lesser star power.
Anybody remember when there were no main humans (except in cameo roles) and the films were about The Muppets? Anybody remember that? *sigh* Ah, them bygone days.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Anybody remember when there were no main humans (except in cameo roles) and the films were about The Muppets? Anybody remember that? *sigh* Ah, them bygone days.
Personally, I'm speculating/hope-hope-hoping that Segel's character will be like a Jenny from The Muppets Take Manhattan. I think that would work well for the proposed plot of this film and I really hope that's what they're going for here. The Muppets need to shine more than anything at this point and I hope to goodness that's what we see.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Personally, I'm speculating/hope-hope-hoping that Segel's character will be like a Jenny from The Muppets Take Manhattan. I think that would work well for the proposed plot of this film and I really hope that's what they're going for here. The Muppets need to shine more than anything at this point and I hope to goodness that's what we see.
Good point, Jenny was a great human lead in TMTM - she wasn't the "Main" star, but was important to the storyline and how it progressed. Same with the characters of Ronnie and Pete. If Segal's character is like that I think it could only help the storyline. If his character is more like Ashanti was in MwOO, then God help us all....

Beauregard

Reaction score
I've also noticed that since the announcement was made about Piggy being Gaga-fied, exaggerated rumours have spread about the entire web like wildfire. Viral marketing ploy, me thinks?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, we must ask, how much of this is based off the draft of the script that was leaked, and what actually changed during the course of the pre-production stage.

If anything has to change, again, I must say, waiting 10 minutes for the muppets to actually appear in the film. Even if it's only the core characters that have to wait that long, I'd hope to see some characters in the background or something.

Xevia

Reaction score

I agree! Gaga is modeled after Piggy! :mad: