The New Movie: The Muppets

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Ahh! This is great news! I wonder if anybody managed to get a video camera in... I'd LOVE to see a video of the performance, it sounds amazing! (Plus we could hopefully figure out who was playing the Frog too...)

majortom1981

Reaction score
youtube

Ahh! This is great news! I wonder if anybody managed to get a video camera in... I'd LOVE to see a video of the performance, it sounds amazing! (Plus we could hopefully figure out who was playing the Frog too...)
The only one i have found is one that shows highlights from the whole movies thing. IT has a short amount of the performance. its on the thread in the appearances forum.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
The only one i have found is one that shows highlights from the whole movies thing. IT has a short amount of the performance. its on the thread in the appearances forum.
Thanks! I watched it and the whole thing looked amAAAAAzing! The clip was very short but the whole thing was so Muppety and wonderful... As to Steve, the Kermit puppeteering was a lot more skillful than AGT, but it concerns me that he didn't say anything in that little interview segment at the end... Ah! I just WANT to KNOW something!

Luke

Reaction score
Now i'll say it again, i've long wanted to see CHEAPEST get made and hope it does at some point. But i don't really think it's the best choice for the big 2010 movie that was going to be the highpoint of the Muppets' relauch. GREATEST seems more like a film that was written specifically to reintroduce the public to the Muppets and celebrate everything that makes them great.
But surely Gonzo (if its not been re-written with Kermit) going around trying to get the Muppets back together is a good intro to a Muppet comeback? I dunno .. i thought this fitted perfectly way more than Greatest.

Movies are "re-imagined" all the time, look at Tim Burton, just this one wasn't even made originally lol. I think they will get a lot of mileage out of it being promoted as Jim Hensons film which is the angle Disney seem to be taking.

I prefer the title "Greatest" though. I think Cheapest isn't all that funny, at least not to the point where the public will "get it".

:zany:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just... confused.

Really doesn't seem to be a "cheapest Muppet Movie" from Jason's script... I really think that he needs to find whatever notes on the film he can and try to incorporate them somehow into his script if he wants to give it that title.

But I also got the feeling by reading the thread title that his movie wasn't going to happen, and we were getting something else.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... If I were writing this film, all I'd have to do to change the plot of the movie, without too much work and reworking the script, is to change the performance theater being torn down to an old movie theater being torn down, and replace any instances of them trying to put on a show with instances of them trying to put on a movie. So, technically, you CAN have the same film... just a few rewrites here and there...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Imagine if the great Greatest movie script...were being produced by Gonzo, who also blew all the money on the opening credits leading to its being the Cheapest? Maybe THAT is what will happen...a bizare cross between the two. Maybe Gonzo was making a spin-off movie (MFS anyone?) and now needs to get the Muppets to help him with his movie as he's spent all the budget.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think Jason's script could have been merged with this classic idea. Both have similarities, yet (rumor has it that) it took several pages for an actual Muppet to show up in Jason's screenplay.