Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would like to comment that the biggest surprise/ shock is that disc 2 doesn't appear to have any of Jim Henson's last segments from season 21. I was hoping we'd get some of his performances, maybe his last Ernie, Kermit, and Guy Smiley performances on the show.

The chapter stops and special features list credits. I wonder if those credits will be for the entire discs or if the set will have the closing credits sequences for each year.

It looks like the set hardly has any Count appearances on disc 1. Unless I'm wrong the frist Count sketch on the set is The Batty Bat from season 17.

I was wondering what kind of title the set would give to the "death of Mr. Hooper" clip. I was thinking "Remembering Mr. Hooper" would be a good chapter title. it never occurred to me that "Just Because" would be the title (when I first saw that title I was thinking of the Roosevelt Franklin song).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just noticed that "Bert and Ernie String Tied" isn't on that list. Though disc 1 lists a bonus feature as "Fan Favorite", and disc 2 has a "play bonus clip" feature (bonus clips on a set that is supposedly just clips as part of the main feature?).

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, at least the list of material has finally been released, but I have to say that I'm more disappointed than excited. Again, most of that material has already been released, and if not, it's available online. Though I noticed that both discs include "Credits." I wonder what that will be like. Will it be like a montage of credits from all the seasons or what?

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
This is making me excited to see the listing! I am looking forward to getting this set when it comes out next week! :big_grin:

This was also on he Barnes and Noble website!

Over 4 1/2 hours of the best Sesame Street memories on 2 jam-packed DVDs; Over 50 minutes of ultra-rare, never-before-seen backstage footage, interviews, and surprises; Pop-up facts covering the entire history of the show; Segments from all 40 seasons; Limited-edition 24-page hardcover book; Sneak peek at all-new CG animated segment Abby's Flying Fairy School

I read through this semi-quick but I am not sure if there is "Do the Rubber Duck"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I counted all the segments/ episode plots listed, and there are 67 segments on disc 1, and 47 on disc 2 (yay! Disc one has more!). That totals 114 clips! I didn't count "Sesame Street Open", but now that I look at it... I wodner if that means the theme song, or the opening scene from the first episode, or both? I sort of liked the idea of Henson #1 Song being the first clip shown (it'd make sense to open with a #1 clip). But then again, considering that the first skethc lead to an "Ernie in the bath tub" sketch, it would have made a nice segue for Rubber Duckie to follow the show's first scene.

I also didn't count any possible "bonus clips", like the sneak peek at the new Abby Cadabby series of inserts (but the set has two seaosn 40 segments that aren't considered bonuses... Why not just include a sneak peek at season 40, or include this with those?). I don't know whether anything in the "TV Montage" should be considered bonus sketches (we'll see).

I wonder what "Grover's Restaurant: Most Important Meal" is about. When I first read that I thought it would be the one where Grover talks about the food chain, which was already released on the Play with me Sesame DVD titled "Furry and Fun and Healthy, Too!", and wasn't impressed by this choice... I don't think of that as one of the best "Grover's Restaurant" sketches (I'd rather have the giant hamburger, the appearances by The Count or Simon Soundman, the "fly in my soup", the rival waiter, Charlie's birthday...)... But then realise that Grover didn't really talk about the "most important meal" there... And when looking at the Waiter Grover page at Muppet Wiki, I couldn't really find anything that fits that title.

Out of all the segments listed that I'm unfamiliar with, I am most excited about "Bring Your Own Can Night". Sounds like a good title for a public gathering or party... As I said previously, it would make sense for this to be the Oscar and Bruno sketch pictured on the cover, but it could also be a way to feature characters not in any of the clips that I know about. Given the time period, it could very well include Aristotle, Biff, Sully, Don Music, Sherlock Hemlock, Countess Dahling von Dahling, and others that don't appear in any of the clips that I know of.

And it's good to know that there was a Monsterpiece Theater sketch in season 12.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Its a Good Thing I don't have school on November 11th :wink: that means I can watch and rewatch clips, and talk to you all here on the forum about it! :big_grin:

zns

Reaction score
Here's an easier to read place to see everything included on the set...
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street:_40_Years_of_Sunny_Days

I am BEYOND pleased with all of this. I am so excited for Tuesday and simply cannot wait to pick up this set. So many incredible clips... and think of those bonus features! My goodness... we're going to be on a Sesame high for days! :wisdom:
If you count all the stuff we have for the anniversary, it may be about four to five months. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... I might skip buying this to see if I can collect a majority of clips and street scenes mentioned, cutting some and adding others to make a home version of SST's 40 years. Something to tinker about with the tape traders on the boards. :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.